POSITION: Coordinator, Finance
REPORTS TO: Director, Finance
STATUS:Permanent, Full Time
APPLICATION DEADLINE: July 26, 2021
Reporting directly to the Manager, Finance, the Coordinator, Finance, will support all day to day operations, projects and assist with quarterly forecast management reporting and analysis. They would also be assisting with annual budget management reporting and analysis. They will be responsible for account reconciliations, assist with funding reporting requirements, including cash flow analysis, tax reconciliation and filings.
This role requires an understanding of Hockey Canada and its Financial Services systems and processes with the ability to manage multiple projects with high levels of confidentiality. The Coordinator will working alongside HCF, Member Engagement, HR, Events, Business Development & Partnerships, Legal, Marketing & Communications, Operations and National Teams and must have an integrated and solution focused approach.
POSITION KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establish awareness how role contributes to the overall organization and seeks to understand other departments.
- Take personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work and professional presence, and achieves results with little oversight.
- Use a broad range of communication techniques effectively to communicate to varying audiences in a variety of situations.
- Make timely, informed decisions that take into account the best practices, the facts, goals, constraints and risks.
- Focus on results and desired outcomes and how best to achieve them – get the job done!
- Follow fiscal guidelines, regulations, principles, and standards when committing fiscal resources or processing financial transactions.
- Display an ongoing commitment to learning and self-improvement.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Apply knowledge, skills and organization policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues and complete a wide range of tasks.
- Work as a competent member of the team, willingly providing back up support for colleagues when appropriate, as delegated and actively supporting group goals.
- Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Goal to achieve CPA designation considered an asset
- Excellent interpersonal skills; promotes cooperation and commitment within a team to achieve goals and objectives
- Proficient communication skills, excellent writing and editing skills; ability to use a broad range of communication techniques to effectively communicate to varying audiences in a variety of situations
- Ability to balance conflicting priorities in order to manage workflow, ensure the completion of essential projects and meet deadlines
- High level of integrity; earns others’ trust and respect through consistent honesty and professionalism in all interactions
- Demonstrated high level of proficiency in Microsoft Programs, Outlook and ability to quickly adapt to new technology and easily acquire new technical skills
- Bilingualism (English/French) is an asset.
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check, including Vulnerable Sector Verification.
At Hockey Canada we are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity within our organization. Qualified Candidates are invited to submit their resume including salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Bilingual Candidates (French and English) who possess the Essential Skills will be given priority in the selection process*
**A Satisfactory Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Person’s Check is required of all Hockey Canada Employees and Volunteers**
This posting can also be found on the Hockey Canada Careers page