The Grande Spirit Foundation (“GSF”) is an organization with over 55 years’ experience in the Housing and Lodging setting; representation of 12 municipalities; and together with over 100 dedicated staff; the GSF organization has been providing reasonable priced housing, quality care and dignity to seniors and families in the Grande Prairie Region.
The GSF organization is currently recruiting for an innovated and business-centric Controller to join its GSF team. This position shall be responsible for delivering financial and accounting services in accordance with all appropriate legislation(s) and Board policies.
- Maintain the organization’s accounting operational functions, systems, policies, and procedures
- Participates in the development of and support the organization’s strategic plans
- Maintain and update accounting practices as required
- Deliver finance metrics to senior, executive, and to the board levels
- Supervise accounting and payroll staff
- Oversee general accounting - accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger account reconciliations, bank reconciliations, cash flow analysis, all payroll functions, property accounting, cost accounting
- Prepare and deliver information for the annual audit; accompanied by executing analysis and recommendations from the annual audit
- Develop and ensure policies, standards and procedures established for internal controls and record security are adhered to
- Financial analysis as required to support operations and new project decision making
- Prepare financial reports as well as Government reporting, such as quarterly reports, charity return and GST returns
- Preparation of the monthly and annual operating budgets along with development the forecasting budget(s) along with maintenance of budgetary controls
Experience and Qualifications:
- A minimum of a degree in in accounting, finance or related field required
- 3 to 5 years accounting experience is ideal; preference in a non-profit or another housing management body.
- A combination of training and experience will be given consideration in lieu of formal educational requirements
- CPA designation or working towards a CPA designation is required.
- Experience in auditing an asset.
- Skilled with computer software Microsoft Office365 and SharePoint
- Excellent understanding of computerized accounting systems and payroll software; experience with an HRIS is an asset
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment with an ability to multi-task, set priorities, and meet deadlines
- A genuine interest and empathy for the care of senior citizens and low-income families and individuals
Grande Spirit Foundation provides amazing incentives:
- Competitive compensation
- Exceptional Health & Dental Benefits along with Life Insurance
- RRSP matching option
- Great vacation and Work/Life balance incentives
- Supportive in Professional Development and ongoing Training for all levels of staff
- The ability to work in a Progressive and Innovative organization
Interested? Then please apply by July 19th, 2021, at HR@grandespirit.org
Grande Spirit Foundation 9505 – 102 Avenue, Grande Prairie, AB T8V 7G9
- Additional info: GSF Controller 2021 (138kb) (the link will open in a new window)