Trust Assurance and Practice Review Manager
Are you a designated accounting professional with experience conducting external audits? Do you have experience in Alberta’s real estate, mortgage brokerage, property management or condominium management industries and want to put your accounting skills to work? Can you effectively manage a dedicated team of professionals? Do you want to help build the industry’s reputation and protect the public? If so, this may be the right opportunity for you.
The Real Estate Council of Alberta (RECA) is looking for an individual to fill the role of Trust Assurance and Practice Review Manager. The Trust Assurance and Practice Review Manager encourages professional excellence and legislative compliance through proactive field audits that educate and assist real estate, mortgage, property management, and condominium management brokers.
This permanent, full-time employment opportunity offers competitive compensation with a comprehensive benefits package, 4 weeks’ vacation, a health care spending account, and an employer matching RRSP plan.
Role & responsibilities
- maintains the practice review program and procedures to promote excellence in self-regulation, foster individual responsibility and accountability of licensees, and carry out the vision and objectives of RECA and its Industry Councils
- identifies non-compliances with the Real Estate Act and Rules
- knowledgeable of current law trends and practices to ensure the highest level of competency, skills, and experience regarding audit practices and techniques
- understands the business practices and obligations of real estate, property management, condominium management, and mortgage brokerage professionals
- sets priorities based on the risk to public interest taking into consideration RECA’s vision and objectives
- provides advice and performance improvement solutions to brokers
- provides feedback and training on an on-going basis to foster development and growth of staff
- collaborates with other RECA units regarding practice review matters, including the practices and obligations of real estate, property management, condominium management, and mortgage brokerage professionals and the technology systems they use
- liaises with industry organizations to advance the vision and objectives of RECA, including the facilitation of presentations and seminars
- provides testimony on behalf of the Registrar at RECA’s Industry Councils, administrative tribunals, and other legal proceedings
- makes recommendations to improve or update legislation or RECA policies and procedures
• tracks queries and identifies information that may suggest a risk to the public interest
Skills & qualifications
- a university degree in a field of study related to accounting or the licensing and regulation of professions or post-secondary education relevant to the industry sectors regulated by RECA
- a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA)designation
- a minimum of 10 years of audit or relevant accounting experience
- a team player with a proven track record of developing relationships and working effectively with varied stakeholders to achieve objectives
- 5 years of experience in the supervision of regulatory audits is considered an asset
- management experience in a professional or regulatory agency is an asset
How to apply
If you think this is the job for you, please submit a cover letter and resume via email to Human Resources at: firstname.lastname@example.org. This posting will close when a suitable candidate is found. Please include “Trust Assurance and Practice Review Manager” in the subject line of your email. We thank all applicants for their interest. We will only contact those individuals we are considering for interviews. We may consider your application for other job openings at RECA.
RECA is an independent, progressive, and innovative non-government organization, and is the standards-setting governing body for real estate brokers, mortgage brokers, and property management professionals in Alberta. RECA’s mandate is to set and enforce standards of conduct for licensees and the business of licensees in order to protect consumers and promote the integrity of the industry, and to administer the Real Estate Act and related legislation. Check us out at www.reca.ca.