Surge Energy Inc. is an oil focused E&P company that has a high-quality crude oil reserve, production and cash flow base. Surge has elite, operated properties characterized by large OOIP crude oil reservoirs with low recovery factors, over 750 net low risk development locations providing over 14 years of drilling inventory, and numerous high quality waterflood opportunities. Surge’s management team has initiated an orderly, on-going risk management/hedging program designed to maintain the balance sheet. Surge’s common shares trade on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol SGY.
Surge is currently accepting applications the position of Accountant.
We are seeking an ambitious Accountant actively pursuing a CPA designation. The ideal candidate will be eager to learn and able to work in a fast-paced environment on a multi-disciplinary team. This person will be excited to rotate through several different accounting functions at Surge including Joint Venture, Production and Operations Accounting, gaining a thorough knowledge of each of the various roles and departments. Applicants must have an immediate goal of learning as much as possible and a long-term goal of being a great people leader. This position will initially work on the Joint Venture Accounting team, reporting to the Supervisor, Production & Joint Venture Accounting.
Initial Joint Venture Accounting Responsibilities:
- Review and analysis of both operated and non-operated joint venture billings, verifying service fees are in accordance with joint venture agreements.
- Preparation of A/R reconciliations and collections.
- Review A/R balances for risky partners, prepare statements for bankrupt/delinquent partners, and work with their Court assigned receivers on collections.
- Coordinate monthly cheque runs monitoring both A/P and A/R accounts.
- Process deposit entries.
- Preparation and analysis of A/P and A/R quarterly reports and write offs.
- Ad-Hoc reporting, streamline processes, and any assigned special projects.
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting/Finance and actively pursuing a CPA designation.
- Advanced Excel skills a strong asset
- Qbyte (FM and Optix), CS Explorer, Petrinex and EnergyLink experience would be an asset
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to maintain good relationships with Surge’s internal and external stakeholders
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with high attention to detail
- Must be a self-starter with a proven ability to achieve results in a fast-paced team environment
Interested candidates should forward a resume, prior to July 29, 2021 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Surge Energy Inc.
2100, 635 8th Ave SW
Attention: Tori Bannon, Human Resources Advisor