West Lake Energy Corp. is a privately owned, intermediate producer with core assets located in the Lloydminster and Provost areas. West Lake's strategy is to grow its production base in both its heavy and medium areas through organic drilling complemented with focused acquisitions. West Lake has applied advanced drilling and completion techniques, which has allowed its wells to achieve compelling economic returns at sustained low oil prices. West Lake continues to execute on a maternial multi-year drilling program.
We are currently recruiting for a Controller. Reporting to the CEO, this position will be located in our Calgary Office and provides the opportunity for a full range of responsibilities including the following:
ACCOUNTABILITIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervision of the Accounting Department including Accounts Payable and Joint Venture.
- Supervision of the Production Accounting Department.
- Provide support to the Operations and Production Department by providing monthly and ad-hoc reporting.
- Assist with monthly analysis of financial reports.
- Lead contact on daily treasury functions including EFT's and wire transfers.
- Lead for numerous corporate administration functions including IT, leases, insurance, cell phones, etc.
- Responsible for government and tax correspondence concerning all Stats Canada, GST and CRA issues.
- Oversight of administration of the Accelerated Site Closure Programs in Alberta and Saskatchewan.
- Other duties as required.
- 8+ years of accounting experience in the oil & gas industrry.
- Completion of professional designation (CPA, CA, CMA, CGA).
- Previous experience in a public accounting firm preferably one of the big 4.
- Strong business acumen and ability to build cross-functional relationships.
- Detail oriented and ability to consistently meet tight deadlines.
- Experience with JV Nexus software would be an asset.
If you are interested in this career opportunity, please submit a resume to HR@westlakeenergy.ca no later than July 26, 2021. Please include the job title in the subject heading.
West Lake Energy thanks all applicants for their interest but only candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.