Senior Corporate Accountant
We are Chandos
Inclusion. Collaboration. Ingenuity. Innovation.
These values speak to our desire to create places where all people belong, listening and learning from one another in a way that sparks ideas and leads to positive changes in our industry and community. They also demonstrate our commitment to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture. And, if they resonate with you too, we should talk!
We are 100 percent employee owned and proud to be the first and largest B Corp certified commercial builder in North America, meaning we put our values at the centre of everything we do.
Continuous improvement is core to our success. Championing innovative and collaborative ways to build is just one example of that. Collaborative construction leads to more efficiency, cost savings, social value, and a much better working experience for everyone.
Every day, our teams are working to build places for people to live, work, learn, serve, and play. But above all, we’re building community. And, we’re looking for like-minded people to join us. Together, we can build a better world.
The Senior Corporate Accountant is responsible for all internal and external corporate financial reporting. They will assist with monthly and annual budgeting, prepare balance sheet reconciliations and co-ordinate month end close process ensuring deadlines are met. They will provide support to the Corporate Accounting team by assisting with external audits and other year end tasks.
Financial Reporting and Budgeting
- Prepare external financial reporting including bank and bonding companies, ensuring covenants are adhered to
- Prepare quarterly internal consolidated financial statements for distribution
- Prepare monthly consolidated summary of operations and WIP adjustment, working with district accounting management to reconcile and correct discrepancies
- Assist with preparing monthly financial package for distribution to Senior Management and Board
- Assist with monthly overhead forecasting and annual budget preparation for review with Senior Management
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations and adjusting entries as required
- Main point of contact for all inquiries regarding Financial Reporting software
- Assist with year end and interim external audit as required
- Other duties as required by the Corporate Accounting Manager or Controller
- Identify opportunities to improve processes and productivity in the Accounting department
- Bachelors degree in Accounting
- CPA Designation or registered in program
- 4+ years experience in financial reporting
Additional Qualifications and Assets:
- High level of integrity, confidentiality and accountability
- Highly motivated individual who is willing to take initiative and investigate problems
- Able to communicate effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite with advanced skills in excel and outlook
- Able to adapt to and to learn software
- Able to work efficiently as part of a team and/or independently
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail in all areas of work
- Able to interpret and implement company policies and procedure