- YW Calgary
- Annual salary
- Competition number: 2021045
- Job Industry
- Not-for-profit and Charitable Organizations
- Job Category
- Accounting and Finance
- Job Type
Working closely with the Chief Financial Officer, the Controller is responsible to
safeguard/maximize assets and ensure the day-to-day, monthly and annual accounting and finance
activities are completed accurately and on time. They will also lead the team in overseeing,
reporting and monitoring funder, customer and vendor contract agreements. The Controller will
apply an equity, diversity and inclusion lens to all duties.
WHAT MOVES YOU
• Supporting women to gain control of their lives, achieve economic stability and live free from violence.
• Leading an engaged, high performing team that is empowered to develop and do their best work.
• Providing exceptional support and services to internal customers.
• Continuous improvement, innovation and creativity in solving problems through strong change leadership
• Participating in organizational strategic planning and moving the organization forward.
• Teamwork, collaboration and being part of a learning organization.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
• Participate in YW’s strategic direction and planning
• Budgeting, re-forecasting and variance analysis/management
• Financial reporting and managing external audit
• Cash management and investment strategies
• Internal controls and risk management
• Contract management and reporting
• Management, coaching, collaboration and planning
• Hire, develop and lead an engaged and high performing team that delivers on program results in a safe and
• Manage employee and client health, safety and wellness as a top priority
WHAT YOU'VE ACHIEVED/ EXPERIENCED
• Chartered Professional Accounting (CPA) designation
• At least 5 years as a Controller or equivalent position
• Successful leadership of finance teams
• Hands-on financial planning, budgeting, accounting and processing
• Accounting principles and internal reporting, both as they apply to not-for-profit organizations
• Success in a high performing business environments
• Strong leadership, interpersonal and change management skills
YW Calgary is committed to providing an equitable, diverse and inclusive workplace where all
employees, clients and volunteers, whatever their gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, age, sexual orientation or
identity, education, and/or disability, feel valued and respected.