Reporting to the Director of Finance, this position will work as part of the finance team to support efficient and effective analysis and reporting of financial information.
- Assist with the annual audit conducted by Board appointed external auditors and prepare year-end working papers, schedules and notes.
- Assist with the preparation of the Division budget.
- Prepare budgets and monthly financial reports and projections for various instructional departments.
- Prepare and analyze financial reports and final government reports for grant funding.
- Assist in the implementation or upgrade of any accounting or budget software.
- Review and approve school budgets, and assist principals with preparing and balancing their budgets.
- Assist in the training of department leaders and school principals on how to use budget software.
- Provide accounting/finance support to school principals and finance secretaries.
- Track and review revenues and receivables.
- Facilitate the preparation and the filing of GST and Charity returns.
- Prepare adjusting and correcting journal entries.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Finance.
- CPA designation is required.
- Minimum 3+ years of progressive accounting experience.
- Supervisory experience is considered an asset.
- Experience in public sector accounting and financial reporting is considered an asset.
- Knowledge of audit, control and reconciliation procedures and experience in applying internal controls in a business environment.
- Proficient in Windows and Google environments with high functioning data analysis skills and abilities (strong Microsoft Excel, including knowledge of tools, formulas, formatting).
- Experience in multitasking, setting and managing priorities and meeting deadlines in a demanding workload environment.
- Financial record keeping and reporting with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Propensity to thrive within a dynamic, growing environment. Effectively prioritizes tasks to meet deadlines. Ability to manage and allocate resources as needed to meet tasks with competing deadlines.
- Ability to process detailed information effectively, consistently and meticulously. Demonstrates commitment to accuracy.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment of cooperation, collaboration, respect and integrity.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, analytical, time management and organizational skills.
- Willingness to continually build on technical knowledge is essential.
- This full-time, permanent position works 12 months
- Pay Level 8: $75,379 – $99,155
- Salary commensurate with training and experience
- Competitive benefits package through ASEBP & LAPP
- Start date for this full-time position will be determined at time of hiring
- As a condition of employment, new employees are required to provide a current Criminal Record Check and Intervention Record Check at their own expense (prior to starting employment)
Deadline for applications: Thursday, August 5, 2021 @ 12:00 p.m.
Please include a cover letter, resume and the names and contact information for three professional references in one PDF document.
Email the package, quoting the competition number, to the Attention of:
Human Resources Coordinator
Black Gold School Division
3rd Floor – 1101-5th Street
Nisku, AB T9E 7N3