Chief Financial Officer
- Westbank First Nation
- Kelowna, BC
- Job Industry
- Government/Public Administration
- Job Type
The Organization: Westbank First Nation
Located in south central British Columbia, Canada, Westbank First Nation is a self-governing First Nation located on the traditional, unceded territory of the Syilx Okanagan people. One of eight Okanagan Nation communities, the Syilx people are a division of the Interior Salish who speak the nsyilxcən language and have inhabited the valley for thousands of years. The Sylix traditional territories extend from the south central interior of B.C. to north central Washington State.
To learn more, please visit WFN’s website.
The Opportunity: Chief Financial Officer
The Chief Financial Officer is accountable to the Chief Administrative Officer and Council for the planning, organization, and direction of the Finance Division, which currently includes Finance, IT, and Taxation. The position is a member of the Senior Leadership Team and provides strategic leadership and collaborates on corporate policy, ensuring consistency across the organization, participating in the overall planning, administration, and management of the organization.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications and experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in a related discipline (e.g. Finance, Business Administration or Public Administration);
• A Master’s Degree in a related discipline and certification or training in local government administration
would be an asset;
• Canadian Accounting Designation required: CPA (CA, CMA, or CGA,)
• An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
The complete opportunity profile can be viewed: Here
Contact: Robin Noftall or Greg Longster
Leaders International Executive Search
#880 – 609 Granville Street
Vancouver, BC V7Y 1G5
Phone: (604) 688-8422