Manager, Budgeting and Accounting
- BC Pension Corporation
- Victoria, BC
- Up to $110,000
- Job Industry
- Government/Public Administration
- Job Category
- Accounting and Finance
- Job Type
There is more to Pension Corporation than you might think. We are an award-winning organization with meaningful purpose-driven work, where staff have impact and create peace of mind for those we serve. We have cultivated an outstanding community rooted in respect, where employees are inspired to have courage, take action, and be at their best every day.
Our new nine-year strategic plan, Plan 20|30: Our Future is Insight, will guide us from 2021 to 2030. To learn about our aspirations and objectives and how you can be a part of a people-focused organization that is grounded in operational excellence, visit bcpensioncorp.ca
What we offer:
- A variety of work options (modified workweek, on-campus work, or a hybrid of work from home/on-campus)
- Incredible campus with collaboration spaces
- Ongoing training and professional development opportunities and scholarship programs
- Comprehensive extended health and dental benefits for you and your family
- Defined benefit pension program
- Health & wellness programs – lunchtime seminars, community activities and a comprehensive Employee & Family Assistance Program
- Opportunities to give back to the community and support not-for-profits
- Seasonal events and socials
- A robust awards/recognition program
- Discounts on BC Transit passes, travel and accommodation, cell phones and plans, and more
With current health and safety protocols in place due to the pandemic, we support corporation staff to conduct their work remotely. Once those protocols are removed, we anticipate a minimum standard for employees and teams to maintain an in-office presence in order to support flexibility, productivity and connection. We will determine the guidelines for in-office presence by operational need and will confirm schedules and hybrid work arrangements over the coming months.
We are seeking a Manager, Budgeting and Accounting to join our team in VICTORIA, British Columbia, Canada.
As Manager, Budgeting and Accounting, you will be a part of a high functioning team of finance professionals. You will be engaged in fast paced, challenging, and exciting work, including projects that will shape the future of our work and support our journey towards becoming an insights-driven organization.
The Corporate Financial Analysis & Procurement branch is focusing on several key areas to contribute to Plan 20/30:
- Setting goals and priorities that support the strategic plan.
- Providing financial reports and dashboards on financial performance and operational KPIs.
- Delivering value-added client service across the organization.
- Lead by consistently modeling the Corporations five @YourBest principles.
This role requires a client focused individual who is committed to working collaboratively with cross-functional teams and delivering on commitments.
What do you need to succeed?
- Recognized professional accounting designation combined with 5 years of recent progressive experience in a senior accounting, or financial management capacity.
- Five or more years of experience with budgeting and forecasting;
- Two or more years of experience with financial reporting;
- Three or more years of recent leadership experience including the supervision of staff.
Cover letter: Required.
Resume: A resume is required as part of your application, however, it may not be used for initial shortlisting purposes. Ensure your resume includes your education, the start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relate to the job requirements.
Questionnaire: As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete an online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements.
Please apply through our career website: https://bcpensioncorp.prevueaps.ca/jobs/
Applications will be accepted until 11:59pm PST on the closing date referenced above. Late applications will not be considered.