- City of Medicine Hat
- Medicine Hat, Alberta
- Job Industry
- Job Category
- CPA Candidate Position – experience verification route
- Job Type
Now Hiring Municipal Accountant
Temporary (Up to 24 months)
The City of Medicine Hat's Finance Department is looking to hire an Accountant to join their highly skilled team and provide accounting services of the highest quality to their business units. Responsibilities for this role include providing accurate and timely financial and management reports, interpreting financial information to facilitate decision making, and participation in the budget process. In addition, providing budget assistance to the assigned business units and preparing divisional and consolidated financial statements while assisting in the development and maintenance of accounting procedures and internal controls.
If you enjoy working in a team environment where you are continuously learning, have thorough knowledge of accounting principles and practices including those relating to business and governmental accounting, as well possess strong communication skills, then this is the position for you!
- A university degree in business and a professional accounting designation (C.P.A.);
- Four (4) years accounting experience;
- Experience in a government accounting environment with thorough knowledge of PSAB and IFRS considered an asset;
- An equivalent combination of management approved training and experience may be considered.
Our organization offers a highly attractive total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefits, flexible work arrangements including compressed work week option, learning & development opportunities as well as a great work environment which provides excellent opportunities for professional growth.
We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.