US Tax Manager
Hutcheson & Co US Tax Manager
Hutcheson & Co’s US and cross-border tax team are nationally recognized for their US and Canadian cross-border tax expertise. We are growing fast and we are looking for US Tax Manager to join our team.
What you bring to the table:
· 4+ years of advanced US and Canadian tax planning and compliance
· A professional accounting designation (Canadian CPA and or US CPA)
· Have experience working in a fast-paced environment and are willing to learn new skills and take on new tasks and challenges
· Experience training and mentoring staff
· Have a great sense of humour and enjoy working closely with other team members
· Enjoy a flexible work environment. Our work can be seasonal which means we work hard during busy season and we enjoy very flexible and relaxed summer and fall.
· Possess excellent skills in:
- managing and prioritizing multiple tasks
- documentation and problem solving
- client management
- time management and project profitability
- english verbal and written communication
- problem and issue identification and the ability to facilitate and propose solutions
- attention to detail
What will you do here?
The successful candidate will work closely with our Partners and Senior Managers to help deliver proactive and exceptional tax planning and compliance, accounting and advisory services to our new and existing clients. You will have the ability to research and solve complex tax issues within the framework of the Canadian and US tax laws while applying the Canada-US tax treaty. Your work will focus on all areas of Canadian and US tax including personal, corporate and estate tax. You will also play a key role and helping mentor, train and develop our new and existing US staff.
About the team:
The Hutcheson & Co cross border tax team is a group of highly motivated professionals that work with a wide range of clients in Canada and the US and across the globe. In addition to providing exceptional client service we also focus on creating long term professional relationships with our team and our clients by providing a fun, social and flexible work environment.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to receive a competitive salary (salary commensurate with experience), group extended health and dental insurance, a flexible work schedule, incentive bonus arrangement, group RRSP matching plan (after waiting period), overtime banking and payouts.