Senior Manager, Financial Reporting
Senior Manager, Financial Reporting
AutoCanada Home Office
At AutoCanada we are passionate about our business, our customers and our talent! We are cultivating a culture of excellence and aspire to be best-in-class in the industry. We know that to be successful we need the best people. We aim to be the destination for top talent and are committed to hiring the best people to curate exceptional experiences for our customers. We strive to provide our employees with meaningful and challenging work, an engaging and collaborative environment, recognition for performance and opportunities for growth and advancement.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation and incentive plan
- Health and dental benefits
- Great working conditions
- An opportunity to be part of an exciting, growing business!
We are looking to add to our existing finance, tax and accounting teams with new talent. As such, we are looking to fill a Senior Manager, Financial Reporting role within our head office team. Reporting to the Assistant Corporate Controller, the successful candidate will be part of our highly valued Corporate Finance team and will assist with the accounting and reporting functions at the Corporate Office, with a strong focus on segment consolidation and the coordination of quarterly accounting activities. The candidate will also assess and implement process improvements related to financial reporting processes and procedures. We are creating roles that will be challenging and rewarding – we want people who want to be tested on their ability to grow.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Ensuring accurate, timely financial reporting by managing the accumulation and consolidation of the Canadian segment financial data;
- Coordination and preparation of specific consolidated financial statement notes and supporting working papers;
- Drafting and implementing process improvements within the larger accounting/finance team;
- Act as advisor to the business and provide accounting opinions on various accounting issues and/or business transactions – build relationships as key business partner for the Canadian segment;
- Documenting business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls;
- Support system implementations and special projects from a strategic and internal control perspective;
- Assess current Financial Reporting policies, processes and programs for continuous improvement and automation opportunities;
- Coordinate the preparation of annual subsidiary financial statements;
- Liaise with the Treasury teams regarding disclosures matters and ongoing financial information requirements;
- Coordinate activities of external auditors;
- Provide coaching and guidance to junior staff to aid with their career development at AutoCanada;
- Facilitate annual goal setting and performance reviews for direct reports
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Completion of Bachelor of Commerce or Master’s degree in accounting (or relevant focus area) from a recognized post-secondary institution;
- Designated as a Chartered Professional Accountant;
- A minimum of 8-10 years of relevant work experience (Previous Automotive industry experience would be considered an asset);
- A minimum of 3 years of prior experience in an accounting oversight role is also required;
- In-depth understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and operational accounting;
- Comprehensive knowledge of accounting theories, concepts and practices and the ability to navigate complex, difficult and/or unprecedented situations;
- Understanding of continuous disclosure rules in Canada;
- Must possess the knowledge required to identify how transactions and policies impact key financial metrics, tax, risk, cash flow management, and financial agreements/covenants;
- Exposure to complex consolidation and multi-currency environments would be of great value;
- Ability to create detailed project plans, manage priorities, perform a variety of tasks and meet required deadlines and targets;
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills combined with the ability to interact and gain the support of senior leadership and other decision-makers;
- Previous experience working for a publicly traded company and an understanding of the procedures and practices required to both produce accurate reports and meet reporting timelines would be considered assets;
- Knowledge of Oracle, CaseWare and Tableau systems would be considered assets;
- Must have expert Excel skills and be highly skilled in other standard office software (MS Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.);
- Results-driven and career-focused individual with an entrepreneurial spirit and a strong desire to be successful;
- Detail-oriented, self-starter and resourceful;
- Availability to work outside normal business hours to collaborate with professional teams in different time zones.
We offer competitive total compensation, meaningful and challenging work, an engaging and collaborative environment, recognition for performance and opportunities for growth and advancement.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.autocan.ca. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. AutoCanada is committed to creating a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture, as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
AutoCanada is a multi-location automotive dealership group operating in both Canada and the United States. Our model enables us to serve a diversified geographic customer base and enjoy benefits not available to single location dealerships. AutoCanada trades under the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol ACQ. The multi-location dealership model enables AutoCanada to serve a diversified geographic customer base providing a range of services to customers including new and used vehicle sales, financing, leasing, automotive service and repair, collision repair, and parts sales. Founded in 2006, AutoCanada has expanded significantly and continues to grow.