Senior Manager Tax- Reporting and Compliance
At AutoCanada we are passionate about our business, our customers and our talent! We are cultivating a culture of excellence and aspire to be best-in-class in the industry. We know that to be successful we need the best people to curate exceptional experiences for our customers. We aim to be the destination for top talent and are committed to providing our employees with meaningful and challenging work, an engaging and collaborative environment, recognition for performance, and opportunities for growth and advancement.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation and incentive plan
- Health and dental benefits
- Flexible work arrangements
- An opportunity to be part of an exciting, growing business!
We are looking to add to our existing finance, tax and accounting teams with new talent. As such, we are looking to fill a newly created Senior Manager, Tax Reporting and Compliance role within our head office team. Reporting to the Director, Tax, the successful candidate will be responsible for the effective management of the tax reporting and tax compliance function within the Tax Department. This role involves many complex issues which require research and understanding of tax law and tax accounting concepts.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Manage, coordinate and review activities associated with the income tax accounting function for the AutoCanada group of entities. This role is accountable for the timely, efficient and accurate accounting for income taxes in accordance with the relevant accounting standards. It also involves timely and effective communication and coordination with the Financial Reporting team for purposes of the AutoCanada Inc Consolidated Financial Statements.
- Manage, coordinate and review activities associated with income tax compliance including, but not limited to, Canadian corporate income tax returns, partnership information returns, foreign affiliate information returns, and non-resident information returns. This role is accountable for the timely, efficient and accurate filing of all returns with the relevant tax authorities.
- Manage and coordinate income tax forecasting process.
- Coordinates with the Director, Tax in connection with all income tax audits for the AutoCanada group of entities. Coordinates the timely compilation of audit evidence, prepares draft responses to audit queries and maintains courteous and professional relationship with tax authorities.
- Monitors changes in income tax legislation and tax accounting standards and works with Director, Tax to ensure relevant changes are evaluated and communicated to the appropriate stakeholders.
- Prepare and review technical tax memorandums for senior management.
- Provides support to Director, Tax in relation to transactions and other tax planning activities.
- Support system implementations and special projects from a tax perspective.
- Assess current policies, processes and programs that impact Tax, for continuous improvement opportunities.
- Provides ad hoc income tax and income tax accounting advice to internal stakeholders including but not limited to members of Finance, Operations, Legal, and Human Resources.
- Manages direct reports and provides effective leadership to develop, motivate and provide meaningful performance feedback to maximize contributions of staff; provides effective direction to staff regarding their work meeting corporate objectives, ensures professional training, competence and qualifications of staff, including succession planning. Provides coaching and guidance on income tax accounting and income tax technical matters.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Bachelor of Commerce or master’s degree in accounting (or relevant focus area) from a recognized post-secondary institution
- Designated as a Chartered Professional Accountant
- Completion of CPA In-Depth Tax course, Level I through III
- A minimum of 10 years Canadian corporate tax experience with increasing levels of responsibility (Previous public company experience would be considered an asset)
- A minimum of 5 years leadership experience
- In-depth understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) relating to tax
- Knowledge of Oracle, CaseWare and Tableau systems would be considered assets
- Must have expert Excel skills and be highly skilled in other standard office software (MS Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Ability to prioritize and manage a demanding workload
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills combined with the ability to interact and gain the support of senior leadership and other decision-makers
- Ability to create, grow and maintain positive relationships with multiple groups
- Highly motivated, results-driven and career-focused individual with an entrepreneurial spirit and a strong desire to be successful.
For more information on our Company, please visit our website at www.autocan.ca.To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. AutoCanada is committed to creating a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture, as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
AutoCanada is a multi-location automotive dealership group operating in both Canada and the United States. AutoCanada trades under the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol ACQ. The multi-location dealership model enables AutoCanada to serve a diversified geographic customer base providing a range of services to customers including new and used vehicle sales, financing, leasing, automotive service and repair, collision repair, and parts sales. Founded in 2006, AutoCanada has expanded significantly and continues to grow. Today, customers are served by more than 4,200 employees comprised of automotive service technicians, sales experts, and support staff from offices across Canada.