Exciting Career Opportunity in Calgary!
Are you energetic, well organized, able to work under pressure and have the ability to manage multiple deadlines with a drive to succeed? If so, Scott Land & Lease has an opening for a Senior Accountant in our Calgary office.
Scott Land & Lease is one of the most respected and active land companies in Western Canada, providing Land services to a wide variety of clients in a number of industries including Oil & Gas, Renewable Energy, Telecommunications, infrastructure, potash mining, etc.
We are a private company with 110+ employees and contractors in 6 offices, have been in business for almost 30 years and are considered a leader in our field.
We are looking for:
A sharp, experienced accountant with a passion for crunching numbers and producing accurate and timely results. You’re highly organized and have strong communication skills to help mentor the team. You’re someone with a strong accounting background, who wants to develop their career, is eager to learn and who brings a positive, can-do attitude to the business each day and isn’t afraid to challenge how things are done!
Responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Financial statement preparation and analysis of 2 entities
- Overseeing the company’s Trust Accounts and ensuring timely reconciliation and follow-up of any outstanding items
- Assist with preparing proforma financial statements and dashboards
- Prepare and review monthly journal entries & accruals
- Prepare month end reconciliations & variance analysis
- Assist with the annual audit and communication of results and analysis
- Reviewing company accounting practices and procedures and make recommendations for improvement
- Maintaining awareness of changes to pertinent accounting rules and regulations
Experience required for success in this role:
- Prior trust accounting experience is an asset
- Prior experience in full cycle accounting and financial statement preparation
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail and values importance of accuracy
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
Requirements for this position include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business
- Recently completed professional accounting designation (CPA, CMA, CA, CGA)
- Above average skills in Excel and MS office suite
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics SL considered an asset.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation and Profit Sharing
- Full suite of benefits including health, dental, short and long-term disability, AD&D, Life and Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Opportunity to work with a team of respected accounting and senior land professionals and great clients
- Dynamic, stable company to work for
- Opportunity to make a difference
- Exciting challenges
We thank everyone for applying however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.