- Baramy Investments Ltd.
- Edmonton, Alberta
- Job Industry
- Real Estate Development, Sales & Leasing, Property Management
- Job Category
- Accounting and Finance
- Job Type
ABOUT BARAMY INVESTMENTS
Baramy Investments Ltd. is a privately owned real estate investment, development and management company headquartered in Edmonton, Alberta. Founded in 1954 by Larry and Leah Superstein, Baramy has been active in the development of commercial real estate throughout Alberta and Saskatchewan since its inception. Guided by our Founders, Baramy has grown through many diverse economic and real estate cycles by responding to the unique opportunities that shape our industry. Family management not only gives Baramy the freedom to take a long-term view of the market but also allows the organization to act quickly and decisively in our negotiations. Today, Baramy owns and manages over one million four hundred thousand square feet of leased industrial, flex and retail properties along with over 300 acres of industrial and commercial land.
Baramy’s professional management team has considerable experience in all facets of the management, leasing, development, and acquisition of commercial real estate.
Our focus is to provide our Clients with a wide range of cost-effective options coupled with personalized hands-on property management to satisfy their real estate needs. Our responsiveness, attention to Clients’ ever-changing requirements, along with property enhancement help ensure Client satisfaction and high rates of occupancy throughout our entire commercial portfolio.
For more information, visit: baramyinvestments.com
The Senior Accountant is responsible for managing the overall financial operations of Baramy Group of Companies and will provide accurate information to the President and Board of Directors, including analysis, budgeting, forecasting and preparing financial reports. The Senior Accountant is responsible for directing and managing the company accounting functions, including establishing and maintaining accounting principles, practices, and procedures as well as the preparation of financial statements and reporting to management, President and the Board.
Key roles & responsibilities
Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Manage the accounting operations including the review of journal entries, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, GST accounts, tax accounts, non-resident tax accounts, statutory reporting and filings.
- Work with external auditors, the President and Board of Directors.
- Process payroll.
- Liaise with Benefits provider.
- Administer Group Benefits.
- Prepare budgeting, forecasting and Board reports.
- Prepare, analyze and present monthly, quarterly and annual operating results for the companies as required.
- Manage foreign exchange transactions.
- Manage all Corporate, Promissory and Foreign Exchange requirements.
- Coordinate yearend audit, audited financial statements and preparation of related working papers.
- Prepare monthly financial statements and external reporting to financial institutions, ensuring that all reporting requirements are met.
- Manage all banking requirements for the companies.
- Reconcile year end OP costs for the properties.
- Manage cash flow.
- Prepare Arrears Reports as required.
- Establish and monitor internal controls to ensure that accounting activities are in accordance with established legal regulatory and company policies and procedures.
- Implement and manage internal controls with respect to financial policies, processes, procedures and security.
- Formulate accounting policies, procedures and controls.
Qualifications & Education Requirements
- Minimum 7-10 years’ experience in financial statements preparation.
- Minimum 7-10 years’ experience in Real Estate/Property Management accounting industry or an accounting designation.
- Excellent skills in Excel, Word, Yardi, and SAGE Accounting Software
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes
Solid Technical Accounting Skills - Stays current with industry trends by continually seeking professional development opportunities. Is sought out by peers and junior staff for their technical expertise. Has a demonstrated reputation of being “ahead of the curve” in the accounting profession.
Communication Skills - Strong presentation skills, an active listener, well-proven written skills and a clear and concise report writing style. Experienced in product presentation.
Organizational Skills - Able to work on numerous projects and coordinate multiple activities. Meets deadlines and can prioritize a diverse workload. Has well-developed project management skills—can plan, manage, facilitate, and participate in numerous projects at once.
Problem Solving Skills - Assesses problem situations to identify causes, gathers and processes relevant information, generates possible solutions, and makes recommendations and/or resolves the problem.
Teamwork - Works cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
Pragmatic Decision Maker – Recognizes priorities and changing approaches and shows common sense and intuitive judgment abilities. Recognizes broader implications of identified risks.
Communication – Clearly presents written and verbal information; writes with clarity and purpose; communicates effectively in both positive and negative circumstances; listens well.
Client Focused – Anticipates, responds, and attends to the needs of clients and other internal and external stakeholders. Keeps the client’s interests in the forefront.
A competitive compensation package will be provided including an attractive base salary and excellent benefits. Further details will be discussed in a personal interview.