Alberta-Pacific Forest Industries Inc. (Al-Pac) is seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic team player for the role of Operations Accountant.
Al-Pac is the largest single-line kraft pulp producer in North America and we are continuously investigating new and innovative ideas, while delivering premium products in an environmentally sustainable way.
This is a full-time, permanent position located at our mill near Athabasca, Alberta. The successful candidate will receive a competitive annual salary including paid pension and matching RRSP program, 4-week’s annual vacation, company paid dental and extended health benefits, and many additional employee incentives. Relocation assistance is also available for those who need to move into the local area.
The Operations Accountant will manage financial accounts by preparing accurate and timely financial reports, statements, and month and year-end processes. This position will assist operational divisions with budgeting, forecasting, and long-term planning, including capital projects.
- Financial Management & Control - Preparation of month-end and yearend journal entries and reconciliations. Preparation of year-end working papers. Assist operational divisions with budgeting, forecasting, and long-term planning
- Data Collection & Analysis - Perform financial analysis and special projects
- Financial Reporting - Contribute to the preparation of various data and analytics reports, including preparation of monthly cost report
- Information & Business Advice – Respond to inquiries by providing information and advice on financial processes and related policies. Assist operational divisions with capital projects approval process
- Financial Policies - Review/update accounting policies and procedures
- Operational Compliance – Identify instances of non-compliance with the organization's policies and procedures and/or relevant regulatory codes and codes of conduct, reporting these and escalating issues as appropriate
Education & Experience:
- Minimum post-secondary degree in a related field (Business Management, Finance or Accounting)
- CPA/CMA designation preferred
- Working knowledge of the forest industry an asset
Knowledge & Skills:
- Advance skills in Microsoft Excel
- Excellent knowledge of Internal Controls
- Ensures Accountability
- Manages Complexity
- Communicates Effectively
- Business Insight
- Financial Acumen
- Plans & Aligns Work
Please forward your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. This position will be considered open until filled.
Al-Pac is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We wish to express our thanks to all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.