REPORTS TO: Director of Finance and Administration
SALARY: Range starting at $75,000.00
POSTING DATE: August 25, 2021
CLOSING DATE: September 15, 2021
TARGET START DATE: October 2021
The Edmonton Arts Council (EAC) is a not-for-profit organization that supports and promotes the arts community in Edmonton and works to increase the profile and involvement of arts and culture in all aspects of our community life.
The EAC is currently seeking a Controller to provide confident advice and guidance while working collaboratively across the EAC. The Controller is responsible for the EAC accounting operations including the production of financial reports, maintenance of financial records, support the development and adherence to comprehensive set of controls, mitigate risk and enhance the EAC’s financial management.
- Directs all full cycle operational accounting functions including management of the General Ledger, the accurate preparation and delivery of remittances, reconciliations, financial statements, month end, quarterly and annual reporting papers.
- Actively participates in the business planning process by supporting, educating and collaborating with internal budget owners.
- Provides financial expertise on the documentation, analysis and recommendation process for data supported decisions including using cost/benefit analysis, business case support, return on investment and other ad hoc analysis and reporting.
- Implements and educates on the adherence to a suite of operational documentation that addresses Quality Control, Quality Adherence and Risk Mitigation.
- Provides leadership and guidance to finance staff on team deliverables.
- Supports positive stakeholder relationships with funders, community, partners and auditors.
- CPA Designation preferred. Alternatively, you are working toward your professional designation and your demonstrated experience aligns with the responsibilities of this role.
- Over three (3) years experience in administering operational accounting functions in a not-for-profit environment.
- Demonstrated experience providing leadership and guidance to team members and as a trusted advisor to decision makers across an organization.
- Demonstrated ability to retrieve, consolidate, and analyze large amounts of data across various platforms for the reporting and recommendations for data supported decision making.
- Demonstrated ability to build collaborative engaging relationships through trust and teamwork.
- Proven ability to effectively lead change and positively influence business operations.
- Advanced knowledge in the operation of Quick Books and other related accounting applications.
Interested candidates email resume and cover letter as a single attachment to:
Melanie Haynes, HR Manager Email: email@example.com
We are an equal opportunity employer.
The EAC encourages diversity and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals.
We thank all applicants in advance, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.