Western Drug Distribution Center Limited is the leading wholesaler of Veterinary Products throughout Western Canada. We currently have a senior position available within our Finance Department. The Assistant Controller will be responsible for managing the day to day activities of the Finance Department, reporting to the CFO.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a passion for accounting and have a minimum of 5 years accounting experience.
Reporting to the CFO, the ideal candidate will possess strong financial, analytical and communication skills, as well as being self-motivated, well organized, and have the ability to effectively manage time by prioritizing work accordingly. Using extensive knowledge of accounting and financial procedures this position includes:
- Performing day-to-day processes
- Overseeing AP and AR functions
- Preparing and recording journal entries and reconciling accounts
- Assisting with end of year audit preparation
- Analyze and file monthly GST return
- Review and analyze financial statements prior to issuance
- Ensuring adequate transactional detail is distributed accordingly to departments in a timely fashion
- Aiding in analytical reviews of departmental plans and consolidation into financial statements
- Assisting with preparing the Executive and Board presentations
- Coordinating the orderly payment and the redemption of Preferred Shares
- Being responsible for the compliance of government reporting and regulations
- Supervising the preparation of various statistical reports
- Ensuring that WDDC maintains provincial registrations in the provinces WDDC conducts business with
- Assisting in the preparation of the yearly budget
- Must have Chartered Professional Accountant Designation
- Degree in Accounting, Finance, Commerce or related field
- 5 years relevant experience
- Must have good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
Only sucessful applicants will be contacted for interviews. Please include salary expectations.