- Propak Systems Ltd.
- Airdrie, AB
- Job Industry
- Oil & Gas/Mining Services
- Job Category
- CPA Candidate Position – experience verification route, CPA Candidate Position – pre-approved program route
- Job Type
Propak Systems Ltd., an established leader in engineering, fabrication and construction of gas compression, processing and Heavy Oil facilities, is seeking a Junior Financial Accountant to join the Finance Department at its Airdrie office. The successful candidate will be responsible for the completion of subsidiary and division financial statements, journal entry preparation for revenue recognition, fixed assets, prepayments and accruals and ensuring the accuracy of overhead expenses. The position requires an ability to work independently and to use initiative to resolve issues as they occur.
This position is a full time permanent position. Propak offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. This position is ideal for a person early in their accounting career who is seeking their CPA designation, is open to being coached and looking to gain experience and knowledge to grow their career.
- Adhering to and identifying improvements to internal controls.
- Financial statement preparation for US subsidiary.
- Preparation of financial report for Canadian service/fabrication division.
- Reviewing, analyzing and proactively ensuring the correct GL coding of Overhead expenses.
- Completion of Percentage of Completion (POC) revenue recognition calculation.
- Completion of Job Cost Detail report.
- Report and present financial information to management regarding the company and division performance.
- Communicate and build Relationships with management and operations staff to support and provide accounting related support and knowledge in a proactive manner.
- Completion of tasks as required to ensure continuation of the accounting and finance functions in the absence of other team members.
- Provide support to external auditors to facilitate the completion of the annual audit.
- Completion of ad hoc accounting related tasks as requested.
- Other accounting related tasks as the employee grows in experience and knowledge.
- Currently enrolled in CPA Professional Education Program (PEP) with a view to obtaining CPA designation.
- Minimum 2-3 years general accounting experience in a similar industry
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including but not limited to Excel, Outlook, and Word
- Knowledge of Visual or similar ERP system is an asset
- As a condition of employment, employees are required upon hire to sign a Drug-Free Workplace Agreement, a Conflict of Interest Agreement, and Confidentiality and Invention Agreement
Propak Systems Ltd. thanks all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No Phone Calls Please