Capital Financial Analyst
Capital Financial Analyst
Competition number: 297-2021-EXT-CFIN
Closing date: 09/19/2021
Job type: Temporary Full-time
Department: Corporate Finance
Pay range: $43.51 to $54.39 per hour ($79,188 to $98,990 per year)
Hours: 35 hours per week
This posting is for 1 temporary, full-time position for up to 9 months
As a key member of the Corporate Finance department, this position coordinates and facilitates Strathcona County’s (County) capital reporting to provide decision makers with timely, accurate and reliable financial information and analysis that is ultimately reported to Council to assess ongoing capital activity and stewardship of Tangible Capital Assets (TCA). This position is also relied upon to compile detailed financial analysis and reports for management.
- Support the Senior Financial Reporting Advisor, Manager of Financial Reporting and Director in the delivery of capital project accounting for County
- Track and report funding sources and ensure capital project expenditures are monitored and accurately reported
- Oversee general maintenance and set-up of general ledger and sub-ledger TCA accounts
- Provide leadership, guidance, coaching mentoring and problem solving to department representatives involved in the administration of capital projects sub ledgers to ensure integrity of the financial information and consistent application across the organization
- Oversee all departments capital project accounting; approximately 24 representatives from all departments
- Assist the Senior Financial Reporting Advisor in the coordination of the year-end audit and prepare complex year-end working papers and compiling supporting documentation and notes to consolidated financial statements
- Ensure a high level of customer service, efficiency of resources and adherence of guidelines, practices and procedures
Skills and Abilities
- Comprehensive knowledge of accounting standards for government capital assets
- Knowledge of TCA accounting and reporting for a municipality would an asset
- Ability to provide guidance to all accounting staff in other departments
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate initiative and resourcefulness
- Ability to work within tight timelines, with consistent attention to detail
- Professional accounting designation (CA, CMA, CGA)
- Related degree with a minimum or 3 years experience, or a related diploma with a minimum of 5 years experience, preferably in municipal capital asset accounting environment
Shortlisted candidates will be required to provide proof of educational and professional credentials as noted in the resume.
This competition may be used to fill future vacancies for similar positions within the next 6 months.
Competition #297-2021-EXT-CFIN closes September 19, 2021
Thank you for your interest in Strathcona County. We only contact candidates selected for interviews.
Candidates are encouraged to submit a cover letter along with their resume.