Senior Internal Auditor
- St. Albert
- Salary: $76,977.00 - $101,434.00 per annum
- Job Industry
- Government/Public Administration
- Job Category
- CPA Candidate Position – experience verification route
- Job Type
The Senior Internal Auditor is responsible to provide independent, objective assurance and consulting services that effective risk management, internal controls, and governance processes are adequate and funcitoning. In addition, the Senior Internal Auditor will provide recommendations for improvement.
The Senior Internal Auditor will plan and carry out complex engagements designed to add value and to improve the internal operations of the AGLC as defined in the annual Internal Audit Plan and assigned by the Director, Internal Audit. Such engagements may include financial,operational, compliance, internal control, fraud and governance reviews
The incumbent will assist with the development of the Internal Audit Plan by identifying and assessing risks, updating the audit universe, and recommending audits for inclusion in the plan. They will complete risk and control assessments for projects or emerging issues as defined in the Internal Audit Plan, work with other areas of the AGLC in detecting, investigating, and reporting on suspected illegal or fraudulent activities within the AGLC and represent the Internal Audit Branch on internal committees.
In order to be successful in this role the incumbent will possess superior communication and interpersonal skills; proficiency in applying internal auditing standards, risk management practices and industry best practices; advanced knowledge of desktop tools and the ability to learn and to use specialized audit software. As a seasoned professional the incumbent would be required to explain complex concepts to non-technical staff, maintain good relationships with clients and act with diplomacy to resolve conflicts constructively. The incumbent will maintain technical competence through continuing professional development.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- University degree in a related discipline is required, as is a minimum of four years related experience in internal auditing.
- Hold or be actively pursuing the Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) designation from the Institute of Internal Auditors.
- Candidates without a CIA must have both a professional accounting designation (CPA) and a university degree in a related discipline.
- Preference will be given to candidates who hold one or more of the following:
- An understanding of gaming, liquor and cannabis related legislation, policies, procedures, and practices.
- Experience working with specialized audit software such as ACL.
- Experience in project management or leadership role.
- The following designations would be considered an asset:
- Certification in Control Self Assessment (CCSA)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
- CPA Designation
- To be eligible to work for AGLC, you must be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or eligible to work in Canada.
- While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
- As a condition of employment, you will be required to obtain a satisfactory security clearance and clean drivers abstract (if necessary) prior to employment.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered. Candidates with lesser qualifications may be considered at a lower classification and salary. This recruitment may be used to fill future vacancies.
- AGLC is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.