Baker Tilly Rockies LLP is currently looking for an experienced and motivated individual to join our team as an Accounting Technician – US Tax. This candidate will assist us in providing service excellence while ensuring all aspects of our clients US income tax needs are met. Our US tax preparation office, located in Innisfail, Alberta, offers an outstanding environment to continue developing your career through challenging and rewarding opportunities, while working in a collaborative and supportive environment. Whether you like working in office, remotely or hybrid mix of both we've got a role for you in US Tax!
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Prepare client financial statements (compilations)
- Prepare US and Canadian Corporate tax returns with associated federal and state filings
- Prepare US and Canadian Personal income tax returns
- Prepare US information forms such as ITIN applications (W-7), and Closer Connection Statements (8840)
- Review assessments and correspond with the IRS, state authorities and CRA
- Advise on relevant US/Canada cross-border issues
- Prepare US tax provisions
- Collaborate with peers and management on file planning and completion, ensuring that time requirements are met
- Provide personal, attentive service to clients, encouraging productive working relationships.
A successful candidate will have:
- Previous experience with preparation of US income tax
- A background in tax compliance and accounting for income tax, and a minimum entry-level understanding of US income tax
- Self-motivation and a strong work ethic with an ability to work both independently and as part of a small office team
- Sound judgment regarding confidential and sensitive matters
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and deadline management skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience working with tax preparation software such as Axcess Tax, CaseWare, TaxPrep and Microsoft Office 365.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive total compensation package
- Opportunities for career growth and professional development courses
- Continuing Professional development and or support in achieving US accounting related education such as Enrolled Agent status and/or US CPA designation
- A collaborative, friendly and supportive small office environment where everyone supports one another
- Smart casual dress code
- Many social events throughout the year
- Full-time work that starts as soon as the right candidate is available.
We offer a competitive remuneration package based on experience and qualifications. If you are interested, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, Leigh-Anne Finch, HR Manager.