Accounting Technician, CPA Candidate
- df Boiler Tube Industries
- DF Boiler Tube is located in West Edmonton
- $50,000 to $55,000 Negotiable
- Job Industry
- Job Category
- Accounting and Finance
- Job Type
DF Boiler Tube Industries Inc. is looking to hire an Accounting Technician, CPA Candidate to join our team. Applicants are required to be enrolled in the CPA program and general accounting work experience is welcomed. This is an opportunity that promotes the growth and development of the potential candidate.
The Accounting Technician role calls for an experienced, flexible, and organized professional with analytical skills who will effectively assist in planning, controlling, forecasting, reporting, measuring accounting data, financial information, and the assets of the organization.
DF Boiler Tube Industries is continuously working to ensure the health and safety of our employees, our customers, our vendors, and the public while at the same time ensuring business continuity. We require the wearing of masks and participation in the screening process. We are considered an essential service.
- Manage daily operations of accounts receivable, accounts payable, and payroll including issuing ROE’s and filing source documents
- Bank and Balance Sheet Reconciliations, monthly working papers
- Research and reconcile all balance sheet and budgetary discrepancies
- Assist with the financial statement preparation, journal entries (Inventory)
- Vacation and Sick Day management
- Prepare GST and Corporate tax filings
- Assist in process/procedural development and documentation
- Assist with the implementation of the new ERP system.
- Assist with fiscal budget preparation
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive documents, adhere to operational and record keeping guidelines
- Lead by example and help to promote the Company’s Health and Safety Policies and Procedures; attend monthly safety meetings
- Attend all company sponsored training and professional development sessions
- Additional authority and accountability as related to key responsibilities will be delegated upon demonstrated competency
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast moving environment
- Organizational and planning skills to manage time effectively and complete tasks as expected
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Ability to exercise good judgement
- Ability to show initiative and be proactive
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
Experience and Qualifications:
- The candidate will be in the CPA program and continue to maintain a current membership in the CPA program as a condition of employment
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Over 1 year of Accounting experience in a manufacturing environment
- Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Payroll experience;
- Experience with Sage;
- Advanced Excel skills and,
- Excellent communication both written and verbal.