The Accounts Payable Analyst is responsible for providing payable and administrative support for colleagues. The role will include working closely with our managers and leadership team by processing proprietary and confidential information. Processing administration documents and data entry as assigned may include entries into company accounting and safety programs. This position is based out of the Calgary head office, reporting to the Chief Financial Officer. The job may occasionally involve travel to the company’s other offices in Peace River and Grande Prairie.
While this role will initially involve a heavy data entry component to help learn and understand the business, it will provide a potential CPA candidate with other accounting duties as well (including but not limited to internal auditing and establishment of internal controls, bank reconciliations, gradual exposure to monthly reporting).
Members of the finance team are expected to hold confidentiality to the highest standard and understand the information being entered is not for discussion with co-workers unless it is for cross training purposes. Such discussions would be deemed a breach of confidentiality. The role is important for the smooth-running of our business and requires accurate and timely entry of information.
- Manage the full accounts payable cycle from receipt of invoices to payment; including coding invoices, matching purchase orders, obtaining approval, and entering the invoices into the accounting system.
- Vendor relationship management
- Data entry, creation and updating of spreadsheets
- Prepare batch check runs, wire transfers, and EFT transactions
- Process employee expense reports, including verification of receipts and coding
- Comply with financial controls, standards, and company procedures
- Timely filing of both electronic and paper documents
- Bank Reconciliations
- Order office supplies
- Assist colleagues and various departments in a helpful, friendly manner
- Submit monthly reports to management as requested
The above list provides a general outline of your duties and responsibilities. Other duties may arise, as the need occurs you will be expected to complete these assigned tasks as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in an accredited business school
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and Outlook in particular)
- Knowledge of accounting software processes
- Knowledge of Payload, Open Invoice and other oilfield software programs an asset
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Close attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Planning to or in the early stages of pursuing a CPA designation would be considered an asset