Business Analyst & Controller
CPA Insurance Plans West (CPAIPW) is excited to search for a new Business Analyst & Controller. This diverse role is perfect for an entrepreneurial-spirited accountant who is a recent CPA graduate looking to make a big impact.
To be successful in this role, you will need to understand the importance of financial reporting and love applying your skills to assist with all aspects of the business. Part of the role will be ensuring the accuracy of our financial reporting. The other part will be consolidating, organizing and analyzing data to help find ways to deliver experiences that delight our customers and help grow our business.
The CPAIPW Team:
- We are a small team of passionate professionals who care deeply about our customers and each other.
- We punch above our weight, so we all get to play a critical role in lots of interesting projects.
- We know a great working environment is created by balance and flexibility.
This role is approximately 50% Analyst and 50% Controller, hence the job title :)
- Provide strategic insights for business planning and performance tracking.
- Synthesize internal and external data, model scenarios, and provide recommendations for strategic, financial and operational planning to support the business.
- Maintain robust sales models.
- Develop, implement, and monitor performance metrics, reporting formats and dashboards.
- Oversee all aspects of payables, receivables, payroll & external audit.
- Manage and prepare financial statements.
- Review reconciliations & working papers prepared by the Accounting Specialist.
- Coordinate the preparation of the annual budget.
- CPA designation.
- Minimum of three years of public practice experience.
- Experience with QBO, Dext, Plooto, Fathom Reporting, and WagePoint is an asset.
What you can expect from us:
CPA Insurance Plans West employees receive:
- Competitive compensation package.
- Flexible work environment.
- An extensive benefits package with fully paid premiums.
- RRSP Matching.
- Professional development plan to help build the career you want and hit the goals you set.
A bit more about us:
We were founded in 1975 as a non-profit by CPAs for CPAs. We exist for the benefit of CPAs, not for profit. We have refunded over $38 million to CPAs through experience-based refunds.
Our plan offers two distinct services. 1) We make it simple for CPAs members & spouses to protect their family's wealth with life & disability insurance. 2) We make it affordable for small CPA Firms to offer medical and dental to their employees.