Staff Accountant with Opportunity for Advancement
- Lloydminster, Alberta
- Competitive, and commensurate with experience
- Job Industry
- Public Practice
- CPA Status
- CPA Member
- Job Type
We are looking for an amazing individual to join our team in providing a full range of accounting and tax advisory services.
This position will be of interest to both CPAs and CPA candidates who have decided to work in public practice, and who would like to build a career, focusing on working with small to medum-sized owner-manager clients. In addition, this position will be of interest to those individuals who prefer to live in a smaller city, and who can appreciate the unique opportunities that exist when joining an established, owner-managed accounting firm, where they are limited only by their own ambitions, work ethic, skill set, and personality. The Staff Accountant will join (or work towards joining) the firm's assurance team, provide friendly support to the firm's staff, and be willing to both prepare and review (or work towards reviewing) file work - all with a focus on delivering exemplary customer service to the firm's clients. The successful candidate will report directly to the firm's Managing Partner, and can expect to be provided with the opportunity to gain valuable experience and insight into the area of practice management, and the opportunity to advance within the organization.
We operate a paper-light office and embrace new technologies, in an effort to better serve our clients' changing needs, and to make our work more efficient and enjoyable.
The Staff Accountant's responsibilities will include:
- Managing both compilation and assurance engagements, including the preparation and/or review of T2 Corporate Income Tax Returns, T5013 Partnership Information Returns, financial statements, and supporting working papers;
- Providing owner-manager remuneration and tax planning solutions for small and medium-sized business clients;
- Possible limited supervision of accounting staff, including delegating and overseeing work and providing assistance and/or training as necessary;
- Being a "team player", with a focus on developing and maintaining strong client relationships and delivering exemplary customer service to the firm's clients.
- CPA or CPA Candidate;
- Minimum of four (4) years of relevant experience in public practice would be an asset;
- Strong knowledge of ASPE standards would be an asset;
- Excellent project management and supervisory skills;
- Proficiency in income tax and GST/HST laws and policies, sufficient to provide tax advisory assistance, and to complete and/or review T1, T2, T3, T5013 income tax or information returns and GST/HST returns and various elections would be an asset;
- Experience with Caseware/Caseview, and Microsoft Office would be an asset;
- Experience with Taxprep tax software would be an asset;
- Experience working in a "paper-light" office environment would be an asset;
- Knowledge of the agriculture industry would be an asset;
- Impeccable English communication skills - both oral and written - is required;
- Must be a team player, team leader, a "people-person"; and
- Must Conduct oneself with a high level of integrity and work ethic
Initial Salary will be commensurate with Experience.