Vanderluit + Associates Inc. is a well-established Chartered Professional Accountants firm. We provide assurance, accounting, tax and consulting services to a diverse group of clients consisting of companies in the construction and professional services industries, non-profit organizations, and a variety of other small and medium privately-owned and owner-operated businesses. We pride ourselves on delivering quality service that exceeds client expectations. We are conveniently located in the Kitsilano area of Vancouver.
We have an opening for a Senior Accountant. The ideal candidate will be highly motivated with a minimum of 2 years post designation public practice experience in Assurance. Reporting to the Partners and Manager, you will be working collaboratively with a dedicated team of accounting and administrative professionals.
Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Preparation and/or review of working paper files and financial statements for compilation, review and audit engagements, including applicable tax returns and other required compliance.
- Preparation and/or review of personal & corporate tax returns, trust returns, and charity information returns.
- Preparation and/or review of HST / GST / PST / WCB returns and other compliance filings.
- Monitoring of client deadlines to ensure client deadlines are met.
- Supervision and training of junior staff members and review of their work.
- Direct interaction with clients and CRA on behalf of clients.
- Working knowledge of CaseWare, CaseView, QuickBooks, Simply Accounting, Taxprep, and the Microsoft Office together with other commonly used applications in an accounting environment.
- Knowledge of IFRS reporting is an asset.
You have a strong interest in public practice. You are experienced in the preparation, review and management of Assurance engagement files. Strong communication skills are a must and all applicants should have a strong command of the English language, both written and verbal. You have excellent organizational and time management skills, and a proven ability to take initiative and work independently and in groups. As a personable team player, you value a work environment that is healthy, supportive, fast paced, and fun. You are motivated to produce quality work and possess great problem-solving skills with a focus on solutions.
Remote working will be considered for out of province applicants.
A minimum of 2 years post designation public practice experience in assurance is required.
Job Title: Senior Accountant
We provide a competitive market salary, including extended health and dental benefits, professional development fees, membership dues, and a four-day work week in the summer.
Please send us your resume and a cover letter. We thank all applicants for their interest. We regret that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.