- Nor-Val Rentals LTD.
- Vernon BC, Kelowna BC, Okanagan Valley
- Job Industry
- Construction/Project Management
- Job Category
- Accounting and Finance, CPA Candidate Position – experience verification route
- Job Type
One of British Columbia’s largest independently owned and operated equipment rental companies and authorized Bobcat Dealer, Nor-Val Rentals and Equipment Sales in the Okanagan Valley is hiring a Financial Controller.
The successful candidate will be integral to the financial health of the organization and will aid the company in maintaining positive revenue and financial growth in years to come. Managing account records, ensuring compliance with regulations, analyzing, and publishing financial reports and overseeing all accounting functions, the Controller will develop financial plans to achieve organization targets while supporting the organizational strategy. This position is best suited for an individual looking to remain in a high-level advisory position, with strong leadership skills, professionalism, dealership experience and proven ability to improve efficiencies.
- Oversee finance and accounting department
- Coordinate daily and monthly financial transactions including depreciation reports and other business expenditures
- Monitor and update General Ledger and support month end and year end closing processes, including inventory
- Prepare company tax statements
- Develop, analyze, and prepare complex financial reports to assist in guiding financial decisions
- Manage and estimate business cash flow
- Achieve budget objectives by scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and providing recommendations on improving efficiencies and reducing costs
- Ensure compliance with laws and financial regulations
- 8+ years’ experience in a senior level accounting role
- Experience working in a dealership setting a strong asset
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or Business – CPA designation required
- Exceptional communication, problem solving, attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Extensive knowledge in accounting software, SAGE, ADP, CDK Global would be beneficial for this role
This full-time position is based in the Okanagan Valley, candidates may choose to live anywhere between Armstrong and West Kelowna or surrounding areas. Applicants are requested to send current resume and cover letter outlining how previous experience will ensure success in this role. Resumes must be emailed to email@example.com