Vermilion has an exciting opportunity for a Financial Analyst, Financial Reporting. Reporting to the Supervisor, Financial Reporting, the Financial Analyst will be integral to the accurate and timely preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial results. The successful candidate will work within a team of four in Financial Reporting, responsible to perform various accounting and external reporting duties for Vermilion Energy Inc. and its subsidiaries from the Corporate Head Office in Calgary.
Depending on the qualifications of the applicants, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level.
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual consolidated financial statements/associated working papers in compliance with IFRS, quarterly Management Discussion & Analysis, and Annual Information Form
- Duties include the administration of the disclosure management software
- Preparation and maintenance of the rollforwards, disclosure tables, and notes to the financial statements
- Review of information within for accuracy, including but not limited to tying out information to backup and checking for arithmetical accuracy
- Treasury Accounting
- recording of foreign currency, banking and general accounting entries
- recording of treasury entries including interest, international holding company transactions and hedging receivables
- recording of inter-company transactions including loans, equity funding and other transactions
- monthly reconciliation of bank accounts
- monthly reconciliation of balance sheet accounts
- Assist with technical accounting research and implementation of new accounting policies
- Project work including process improvement and financial systems upgrades
- Other duties as assigned
Essential Experience & Skills
- Recently designated CPA with relevant firm or industry experience in a financial reporting capacity
- Knowledge and experience working with internal controls within a SOX environment would be an asset
- Knowledge of consolidation software and Qbyte Financial Management would be an asset
- Knowledge of upstream oil and gas industry would be an asset
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong fast paced environment
- Desire for continuous learning analytical and problem-solving skills, with high attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage priorities in a and professional growth.
- Strong Microsoft Excel and Word skills
- Strong commitment to ensuring deadlines are met
- Designated CPA
Attributes & Characteristics
- Open and honest team player
- Positive and engaging personality
- Flexible, influential and assertive when required
- Ability to work within tight deadlines
- International company, headquartered in Alberta, Canada
- Diverse asset base in Europe, Australia, US and Canada
- 20-year history of market outperformance
- Ranked among the Top 10 Best Workplaces in Canada and The Netherlands
- Challenging and inspiring environment that embraces teamwork and collaboration
- Strong community investment and committed to giving back to the communities where our people live and work
Vermilion is committed to ensuring we conduct our activities in a manner that will protect the health and safety of our employees, contractors and the public. Our HSE vision is to fully integrate Health, Safety and Environment into our business, where our culture is recognized as a model by industry and stakeholders, resulting in a healthy workplace free of incidents. All positions at Vermilion require a commitment to high levels of excellence in respect to HSE, reinforcing our corporate Core Values of Excellence, Trust, Respect, and Responsibility.
Outstanding People. Outstanding Opportunities.