Now Hiring Business Analyst
The City of Medicine Hat Strategic Management and Analysis department is looking for an experienced professional to join their team as a Business Analyst. In this highly accountable, analytical position you will assist in achieving diverse business objectives by identifying requirements, developing strategies and providing business analysis to support departmental decision making. As a member of the team, you will work across three different areas of the City with a client focus on municipal services business support. In addition, you will aid in business planning, business case development, service level reviews, detailed cost analysis as well as creating and updating financial models to support organizational decision making.
To thrive in this role, you have demonstrated business acumen and have knowledge of concepts and strategies. You have strong communications skills with the ability to influence through advanced analytical report writing and presentation skills. You have sound decision making capabilities, an understanding of change management processes and working knowledge of computer applications. You enjoy working under pressure in an environment with competing priorities, and are committed to a high standard of customer service.
- Successful completion of a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Commerce or Economics or related field from a recognized post-secondary institution
- Five (5) years' experience supporting a business partner including working with planning, utilities, project management, municipal government and/or a related field.
- CFA, CPA and/or industry recognized certifications considered an asset.
- An equivalent combination of management approved training and experience may be considered
Our organization offers a highly attractive total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefits, learning & development opportunities as well as a great work environment which provides excellent opportunities for professional growth.
The City of Medicine Hat strives to achieve its vision to be a “Community of Choice”; a place where people choose to live, work and play.
The Medicine Hat advantage:
- Extensive Year-Round Recreational Facilities
- Low Housing Costs & Utility Rates & Taxes
- Flourishing Cultural Community
- Family Oriented Community
This posting will remain open until Wednesday, October 6, 2021.
For more information, and to apply, please visit us at: www.medicinehat.ca/jobs
We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.