Financial Reporting Manager
Position: Financial Reporting Manager
Status: Regular full time
Location: Walden Plaza Corporate Office Calgary, AB
Under the direction of the Financial Controller, the Financial Reporting Manager will play a key role in periodic financial reporting, technical accounting matters, consolidation and process improvement.
This is an exciting and challenging opportunity for a self-motivated, ambitious and enthusiastic individual who is looking for a career in a fast-growing company.
Within the scope of this position, the Financial Reporting Manager takes on a key role to continually provide an environment promoting a culture of health and safety awareness in the workplace.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and yearly financial statements and management reports for internal and external stakeholders
- Investigate, research and analyze information for the financial statements
- Accountable for the ongoing evaluation of financial systems, in particular related to data management and information reporting
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget, financial forecasts and report variances
- Prepare GST returns and coordinate with tax consultants for corporate income tax filings
- Responsible for accounting related to acquisitions including chart of accounts mapping and initial Journal Entries for new acquisitions
- A recognized Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation
- 3 to 5 years experience in financial reporting of which 2-3 years is at the supervisory level
- Public practice experience prefered
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Demonstrated exceptional attention to detail and desire for accuracy in work of self and others
Please forward your Resume Michelle Stager, Recruitment Advisor: firstname.lastname@example.org