Financial Controller for Prince Edward Island Beef Processing Plant
Thinking about relocating to the Maritimes? Atlantic Beef Products Inc., Albany Prince Edward Island, is the only Federally Inspected beef processing plant in Atlantic Canada and provides a vital service to beef and dairy farmers in the region. We are also a Certified Sustainable Beef plant by the Canadian Roundtable for Sustainable Beef, someting we are very proud of. We produce outstanding beef under the brand names Blue Dot Reserve™, Certified Island Beef™ Island View Farms ™ and True Beef™. We employ approximately 170 employees and have experienced great growth and success in recent years. We look forward to reviewing your application to join our growing team.
- Reporting to our CFO, the Financial Controller will manage the day-to-day accounting activities of Atlantic Beef Products Inc. and related companies
- Manage the month end close process from preparing journal entries and account reconciliations through preparing financial statements and variance analysis for management and shareholder review
- Complete year end working papers and liaise with our CFO and external accountants at year end
- Prepare operating budgets, capital budgets, and cash flow projections
- File remittances and ensure compliance with government regulations
- Other duties as required
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred) and CPA with an emphasis on Performance Management preferred. A CMA type background and work experience in a manufacturing environment will prepare you for progression to our CFO position in the next 1 to 3 years.
- Accounting: 5 years in Canada (preferred)
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $55,000.00-$81,000.00 per year depending on qualifications and experience.
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Company matched RRSP
- Employee product purchase discount program
- Vision care
- Will assist with CPA Fees and CE credit courses
- Relocation assistance could be considered if necessary.
- Monday to Friday with the possibility of a weekend being required at Year End
COVID-19 considerations: Over 90% of our staff are vaccinated with one dose and over 80% have two so far. Candidates are strongly encouraged to be vaccinated. We have strict protocols in our workplace to ensure worker safety.
Atlantic Beef Products Inc. 95 Train Station Rd., Albany, PE C0B 1A0 902-437-2727
Updated - September 29, 2021