- Gibson Energy
- Calgary Head Office
- Job Industry
- Oil & Gas/Mining Services
- Job Category
- Accounting and Finance, CPA Candidate Position – experience verification route, CPA Candidate Position – pre-approved program route
- Job Type
Senior Coordinator Accounting
Job status: Permanent Full time
Department: Finance & Accounting
What it’s like to Work Here
At Gibson Energy, we are powered by the diverse, skilled and innovative talent of our employees to ensure safe and responsible operations. Employees take pride in being a trusted member of our communities where we live, work and play to create a positive impact. It’s our people that make coming to work everyday enjoyable – sharing success together along the way.
The Gibson Way
Attracting and retaining the right people is key to our business strategy. For over 60 years, Gibson Energy has been defined by people who seize opportunities and make exceptional customer service a part of everything we do.
But, what makes us different from other companies? Who are we and why do you want to work with us?
The Business doesn’t successfully operate without ‘we’ collectively working together and ‘I’ contributing individually to achieve our goals. Transitioning from words on the wall to actionable values, provides a daily anchor for our colleagues and teammates to kick start their day with energy. By staying true to our values, we will continue to build a powerful presence in the industry, navigate change more successfully, and dominate our competition!
The ‘We & I’ play a very important role in our success!
- Contribute & Add Value Everyday
- Keep Our Edge & Be Resilient
- Stay Focused & Open-Minded
- Work it Out & Do it Together
This role is responsible for supporting the accurate and efficient completion of monthly accounting records as they relate to Canadian/US Marketing. In addition, the successful candidate will coordinate the accurate and efficient completion of monthly accounting records for the Marketing team in Calgary and Houston and assist in the preparation of various operating reports for all management levels and provide reliable information to management as required.
What You'll Be Doing
- Participates in full cycle accounting related to the Canadian/US Marketing business areas.
- Builds relationships with management and peers in these business areas to provide exceptional service and gain in-depth understanding of the business areas needs.
- Prepares monthly financial statements.
- Prepares annual budget and analyzes monthly forecast.
- Provides ad-hoc analysis to Management as requested.
- Mentors and develops the accounting team, coordinating and reviewing their deliverables.
- Identifies and interprets items of financial and operational relevance, and effectively communicates suggested solutions of unusual items to the Supervisor Marketing Accounting.
- Prepares general ledger journal entries as needed, based on the interpretation and understanding of underlying data.
- Provides the timely and accurate preparation of various corporate accounting requests, which aid in the creation of external financial reports.
- Provides accounting expertise in the continuous improvement of current business processes and in the formulation of new business processes.
- Provides information needed for both internal and external audit requests.
- Provides meaningful information to various business leaders in order to assist in timely decision making.
- Review and approval of balance sheet reconciliations.
- Demonstrates a personal commitment and proactive approach to Environment, Health & Safety (EH&S) through participation in all applicable EH&S programs and ensures safe operation of the branch, team or unit and compliance with all Company EH&S policies and procedures.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
What You Will Bring
- Progressive post-secondary accounting education with a professional accounting designation or close to completion.
- Minimum of 5+ years related work experience.
- Knowledge of Crude Oil/LPG industry considered an asset.
- Knowledge of Right Angle considered an asset.
- Demonstrates experience in the use of relational database systems and proficient with Windows-based applications including spreadsheet, word processing and database software.
- Ensures the accurate and efficient completion of financial requirements (as they relate to the above) based on pre-assigned deadlines and IFRS with minimum supervision.
- Ability to effectively interact with other individuals at all levels of the Company.
- Communicates all unusual items on a timely basis.
- Exhibits a proactive, self-motivated and a well-organized team player attitude.
- Ability to manage and meet multiple deadlines.
- The majority of the work is performed in an office environment.
Please note: all employment offers are contingent upon completion of satisfactory background check, which, depending upon the position and function you are applying for, may include the following: criminal background check, employment references, employment verification, credit inquiry check and education/credential verification.