Supervisor, Purchasing and Treasury
Supervisor, Purchasing and Treasury
Job Type: Permanent Full Time
Location: Rocky View County, AB
Start Date: November 1, 2021
Salary: $99,617.00 - $117,050.00/Year
The 40,000 people who call Rocky View County home live in a diverse blend of rural, hamlet, and country residential communities on one million acres to the west, north, and east of Calgary. Our dedicated employees work with a variety of stakeholders to develop innovative and unique solutions for our complex municipality. To continue to enhance the quality of life in our communities, we seek individuals who thrive on challenges, who provide excellent customer service in a fast-paced environment, and whose positive energy enables the County to grow and prosper.
Reporting to the Manager, Financial Services, the Supervisor Purchasing and Treasury acts as a resource and mentor to direct reports, providing leadership and task coordination, and builds collaboration among all stake holders. They oversee both the managing of strategic purchases in compliance with Trade Agreements, as well as treasury functions encompassing accounts payable and accounts receivable. They follow and provide input into County policies, procedures and internal controls. In addition, the Supervisor works in conjunction with the Manager to develop short and long term strategies for the section.
Purchasing and Treasury Responsibilities
• Directs and instructs appropriate section staff in the purchasing of designated materials and services.
• Directs and instructs section staff in administration of the County’s treasury programs including overseeing the collection of amounts owed to the County, and amounts owed to the County’s vendors.
• Coordinates treasury staff to ensure year-end compliancy.
• Responsible for ensuring section goals and business plans are aligned with department and Council strategies.
• Participates in all short-term and long-term financial planning processes, ensuring continued improvement in all facets of the section’s financial affairs.
• Directs section planning, development, and delivery of programs and services.
• Monitors and provides updates to the Manager on budgets as it relates to the purchasing function, ensuring effective financial planning and expenditure controls are in place. Accountable for fiscal responsibility, efficiency, and restraint, while maintaining integrity and effectiveness in all aspects of administration for programs and services of the section.
• Responsible for quality of work and budget compliance for the section.
• Develops, implements, administers and maintains section policies, procedures and internal controls.
Supervision | Leadership
• Directs work, establishes priorities and coordinates day-to-day operations of the section staff.
• Reviews and approves work for accuracy and completeness.
• Provides technical expertise, coaches and mentors staff.
• Deals with day to day issues with employee work or behaviour and ensures that employee resources are in place and utilized effectively to meet the service delivery standards of the County
• Participates in staff development and performance management, completing performance reviews and meeting with the manager for approval.
• Approves overtime and scheduling requests.
• Communicates with section employees regarding new policies, procedures, guidelines and protocols.
• Identifies staffing needs and initiates and participates in the recruitment process.
• Ensures workers have a clear understanding of their role and responsibilities relating to RVC’s health and safety program and in the Alberta OHS Act Regulation and Code.
• Acts as Manager Financial Services when required.
• This position is eligible for remote work on an adhoc basis.
Post-secondary level education in a relevant discipline from a recognized academic institution, preferably with a designation in a related field along with a minimum of five (5) to seven (7) years of broad range purchasing and five (5) years of leadership experience.
• This position requires the individual to demonstrate and draw on expertise acquired from extensive, and varied advanced purchasing and treasury experience.
• Demonstrates knowledge of a municipal government organization.
• Well-developed communication and interpretation skills, with the ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a multi-disciplinary team.
• Lead by example, by providing superior customer service as well as following and promoting industry best practices and County values and objectives.
• Demonstrated leadership skills including team building, conflict resolution, coaching and mentoring.
• Demonstrated business/technical writing skills.
• Demonstrated time management, organizational and problem solving ability.
• Ability to make decisions derived from broad objectives, instructions and policies utilizing factual data and applying fundamental principles.
• Demonstrated superior customer service skills to both internal and external customers.
• A Criminal Record Check will be required prior to an offer being made.
Please apply directly to https://www.rockyview.ca/careers
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.