SAF Group (“SAF”) is a global alternative investment manager actively deploying and raising capital with a focus on generating above average risk adjusted returns through credit and structured equity investments. Since its formation in 2014, SAF completed over $3.0 billion in transactions while expanding its physical footprint from Calgary to Vancouver, Toronto, and London. At the center of SAF’s success is a young and dynamic culture with an emphasis on intellectual curiosity, idea generation, and collaboration within a team focused environment. We depend on all our investment professionals to ensure that we are always seeking, identifying, understanding, and capitalizing on opportunities which have the greatest impact on our team, our investors, and our broader communities.
In addition to an expertise in the natural resources and financial services sectors that drive the Canadian capital markets SAF has also executed transactions in the high-growth renewables, consumer retail, life sciences, and technology sectors. SAF’s deep network in the global alternative capital markets and strategic partnerships with sophisticated international institutional investors ensures a robust pipeline of proprietary transaction opportunities. With over 30 transactions completed to date SAF has consistently generated attractive returns across multiple industries and outperformed comparable benchmarks.
SAF believes actively integrating ESG considerations into every level of the investment process has a positive impact on all stakeholders, which ultimately drives positive long-term returns, and therefore incorporates a broad range of ESG factors into both underwriting and portfolio monitoring. With the continuing rise of private debt opportunities and increasing alternative capital pool allocations SAF’s team is positioned to continue its rapid growth in capital management and deployment.
We are seeking a Valuations Analyst to join our investment and management team to assist the transaction, valuations and research groups. The ideal candidate will be a high energy and self-starting individual with a passion for critical thinking and financial risk analysis. The successful candidate will be part of a collaborative investment team and will support the analysis and decision-making process for a range of new and existing investments.
- Create and maintain valuation and reporting for individual investments as well as valuations for the Fund(s) in the aggregate;
- Calculate returns and sensitivities, as necessary, for individual investments and for the Fund(s) in the aggregate;
- Review amendments on a pro-forma basis to individual investments for the potential impact on risk, covenants and returns profile both on an individual basis and for the Fund(s) in the aggregate;
- Prepare valuation memorandums for third party review;
- Assist the Investment and Asset Management Team to understand potential accounting policy impacts on investments as well as for the Fund(s) in the aggregate;
- Assist the financial reporting and accounting teams and executive team in the creation of board level and valuation committee reporting packages
- Create ad hoc cash flow and valuations analyses, as required by the executive team; and
- Liaise with auditors and valuation specialists on each individual investment and for the Fund(s) in the aggregate.
- Monthly distribution analysis for the Fund(s) in aggregate
- Lead / take part in counterparty update meetings on performance and compliance / prepare decks for meetings
- Completion of a Bachelors’ or Masters’ degree with a focus on finance or accounting, and completion of a post-secondary designation in the same (CPA/CFA required);
- 3-5 years work experience in a finance position (valuation, private equity, credit, research, investment banking, etc.);
- Fluent spoken and written English with excellent communication and presentation skills;
- Proficiency in the use of Excel™, PowerPoint™, and Word™;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a desire to be a team player in an open office environment.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should e-mail a single page resume and cover letter to email@example.com indicating the position title
(“Valuations Analyst”) We look forward to introducing you to our team and will contact selected applicants directly.