Assurance Manager, Enterprise
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
From small businesses to some of the world’s best-known brands, our clients count on reliable financial statements, information and processes to inform their ongoing strategies. More than ever, business is about interpreting and reacting to complex data — and they look to us for advice and services they can trust every time. You’ll use your professional skills and experience to make it happen, handling complex audit procedures across a broad range of industries and responsibilities. You won’t find an assurance culture like this anywhere else, so whether you’re looking for a long-term, or are interested in progressing on to other areas, this is a great place to be.
As an Assurance Manager, you will be a professional member of our Enterprise team. Our Enterprise practice provides specialized accounting, review services (review engagements, notice to reader (compilation), personal and corporate taxes) to privately owned businesses and individuals.
Your key responsibilities
Together with our substantial investments in technology, knowledge, and learning resources for our professionals, these enable you to deliver quality assurance services to our clients and their stakeholders as our Assurance manager.
Skills and attributes for success
- Plan, manage and participate in performing Notice to Reader (NTR), Review engagements, Bookkeeping and Accounting, Financial statement preparation, and preparation of corporate and personal tax returns along with GST/HST Return preparation.
- Prepare deliverables tailored to client need.
- Supervise small engagement teams and review work performed.
- Establish and maintain relationship with client management.
- Understand the client’s industry sector and recognize key performance drivers, business trends, and new technical and industry developments.
- Stay informed of new economic developments and their impact on clients.
- Continually learn, share knowledge with team members, and enhance service delivery.
- Attend training programs to continually develop skills.
- Maintain cooperative relationships and foster mutual support with other EY service line teams.
- Prepare proposals and realize business development plans through a strong professional network.
To qualify for the role you must have
- Completed CPA/CGA/CMA designation
- Minimum of 4-6 plus years of experience in a public accounting practice handling similar duties including Tax, NTR’s and reviews (must have this experience to be considered)
- Strong working knowledge of Accounting Standards for Private Enterprises (ASPE)
- Strong personal and corporate tax knowledge
- Excellent PC skills, knowledge of Taxprep and CaseWare an asset
- Prior experience working independently under little supervision
- Ability to work under pressure and multi-task
- Outstanding client communication skills as the job will require daily contact
Ideally, you’ll also have
- The ability to work independently in a fast-paced, dynamic team-oriented environment
- Strong accounting and tax skills, general ledger, cash receipts, cash disbursements, investment company accounting with knowledge of GST/HST administration an asset
What we look for
We’re interested in strong team players who support their colleagues in reaching their goals while also considering their own workload and development.
What we offer
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
- Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
Diversity and Inclusion at EY
Diversity and inclusiveness are at the heart of who we are and how we work. We’re committed to fostering an environment where differences are valued, policies and practices are equitable, and our people feel a sense of belonging. From our actions to combat systemic racism and our advocacy for the LGBT+ community to our innovative Neurodiversity Centre of Excellence and Accessibility initiatives, we welcome and embrace the diverse experiences, abilities, backgrounds and perspectives that make our people unique and help guide us. Because when people feel free to be their authentic selves at work, they bring their best and are empowered to build a better working world.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
More search results
Assistant Deputy Minister/Senior Financial Office…
Government of Alberta (PSC)
Senior Special Credit Account Manager
Farm Credit Canada
Metrix Group LLP
VP Finance UCP Constituency Association Edmonton …
UCP Constituency Association Edmonton Whitemud