Senior Business Partner, Finance
( Permanent Full-Time)
CPA Alberta is the professional regulatory organization representing Alberta’s approximately 30,000 Chartered Professional Accountants (CPAs). Alberta’s CPA’s are among the more than 200,000 Canadian CPAs who provide financial and management expertise across the country and around the world, at every level and in every sector. CPA Alberta’s legislated mandate is to protect the interest of the public, protect the integrity of the profession, promote and increase the competence of Alberta CPAs, and regulate the conduct of Alberta CPAs. CPA Alberta has offices in Edmonton and Calgary. Further information can be found at our website: www.cpaalberta.ca.
Are you a CPA with strong technical knowledge of the CPA Canada Handbook, and proven ability in technical research and writing position papers? Do you have strong Excel and project management skills? If yes, please keep reading.
Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Senior Business Partner Finance will lend their technical expertise as a CPA to a range of duties and research projects. In addition, this role is responsible for leading finance process improvements and projects, including review and maintenance of Accounting Policy, and internal Finance policies and processes.
- Monitor the CPA Canada Handbook for standard updates, and the environment for best practices, and recommend improvements as required.
- Prepare Financial Discussion section for the Annual Report incorporating best practices including ESG reporting.
- Complete detailed technical review and preparation of Financial Statement Note Disclosures.
- Annually review and update Accounting Policies as reported in the Financial Notes and Disclosures.
- Regularly review and update internal finance policies and processes recommending improvements where appropriate.
- Ensure internal finance policy and process compliance.
- Utilize CPA Handbook expertise to complete technical research and draft position papers for Director of Finance review.
- Perform analysis and reporting for Capital/Intangible Assets.
- Perform reporting for investments portfolio.
- Prepare tax/information returns and meet other tax reporting obligations.
- Lead various Finance projects as required.
- Support Director of Finance in projects for CPA Education Foundation.
- A CPA designation in good standing.
- A minimum of 5 years post-designation experience is required. Experience in public practice is preferred and is considered an asset.
- Strong technical knowledge of the CPA Canada Handbook.
- Excel skills are required including the ability to use pivot tables, data analysis, and conditional formatting.
- Proven ability in technical research and writing position papers.
- Demonstrated project management experience with the ability to effectively drive the execution of projects through to completion.
- Comfort with ambiguity and the ability to thoroughly research options in terms of risk and consequence prior to making recommendations.
- Maintains objectivity, is insightful, proactive, and future-focused.
- Values & Ethics
- Teamwork & Adaptability
- Organizational Awareness
- Analytical Thinking
- Planning & Organizing
- Results Management
- Fast-paced work environment.
- Some travel between offices may be needed.
- Work outside of regular hours may be required occasionally to meet business objectives.
Location: Edmonton or Calgary Office
CPA Alberta thanks all applicants for their interest and advises that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
In its commitment to an equitable, diverse, and inclusive workforce, CPA Alberta welcomes applications from all qualified persons. We encourage members of equity groups (women, Black, Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, and LGBTQ+); and all those who may contribute to the further diversification of the organization to apply.
Please notify us if you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process.
Qualified interested candidates may apply online by clicking here.