Career Services Manager
( Permanent Full-Time)
CPA Alberta is the professional regulatory organization representing Alberta’s approximately 30,000 Chartered Professional Accountants (CPAs). Alberta’s CPA’s are among the more than 200,000 Canadian CPAs who provide financial and management expertise across the country and around the world, at every level and in every sector. CPA Alberta’s legislated mandate is to protect the interest of the public, protect the integrity of the profession, promote and increase the competence of Alberta CPAs, and regulate the conduct of Alberta CPAs. CPA Alberta has offices in Edmonton and Calgary. Further information can be found at our website: www.cpaalberta.ca.
Are you a CPA who is passionate about helping others? Are you interested in supporting CPA members and candidates to the next level of their career? If yes, this job might be the one you are looking for!
Reporting to the Director, Member Products and Services, the Career Services Manager is responsible for the development, leadership and analysis of career support programs, products and services for CPA members and candidates. These programs will contribute to members’ professional growth, develop their competencies and give them the skills needed to be future-ready.
This role will provide you the opportunity to share your experience and insights in advising fellow CPAs and candidates throughout their career.
- Contribute to developing and overseeing the products, services and resources that are most needed and valued by Alberta CPAs and candidates. These include, but are not limited to: one-on-one career advising, facilitation of career workshops, delivering presentations, providing resume reviews, coaching on job search strategies, and/or development of meaningful learning plans.
- Cultivate and maintain positive, long-term relationships with community partners and internal departments, ensuring they are aware of the support available through CPA Alberta’s member products and services.
- Contribute to building community within the profession through initiatives such as the Career Mentorship Program and CPA Build Program.
- Contribute to important CPA Alberta initiatives surrounding diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Ensure the maintenance and growth of the CPA Alberta job board.
- Increase candidate and member awareness of member products and services, so the organization is seen as a go-to hub that supports the changing needs of the profession.
- Contribute to on-going strategic and business planning process including budget preparation and monitoring plus preparation of periodic reports for management.
- Research, develop and oversee new revenue-generating and free programs and services.
- Drive innovation and continuous improvement to enhance effectiveness, efficiency, satisfaction, and value to membership.
- Provide supervision and coaching to direct reports; giving regular feedback and recognition and actively participating in the regular performance review process.
- Must be a Chartered Professional Accountant in good standing.
- 3 - 5 years' experience leading and empowering teams.
- 5 years of senior level and progressively responsible experience in accounting or finance roles.
- Experience in client advising and client service, including liaising with external clients, employers, partner organizations and other affiliates.
- A passion for supporting and advising others in attaining their career goals and aspirations.
- Experience facilitating in-person and on-line presentations and training.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and empower others, develop staff and work collaboratively with colleagues.
- Proficiency with MS Word and Excel, PowerPoint or other relevant presentation software (Prezi or other).
- Proficiency with SharePoint, Zoom, and Teams.
- Strong understanding of LinkedIn and other relevant career-focused social media, including personal branding, profile optimization and networking strategies and tactics.
- Additional career development training - e.g. Certified Career Development Practitioner (CCDP) designation would be an asset.
- Value and Ethics
- Teamwork and Adaptability
- Organizational Awareness
- Results Management
- Risk Management
- Team Leadership
- Strategic Thinking
- Fast paced work environment.
- Travel within Alberta.
- Remote and office working environment.
Location: Edmonton or Calgary Office
CPA Alberta thanks all applicants for their interest and advises that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
In its commitment to an equitable, diverse, and inclusive workforce, CPA Alberta welcomes applications from all qualified persons. We encourage members of equity groups (women, Black, Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, and LGBTQ+); and all those who may contribute to the further diversification of the organization to apply.
Please notify us if you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process.
Qualified interested candidates may apply online by clicking here.