Manager, Public Accounting
- Romanovsky & Associates LLP
- Edmonton, Alberta
- Salary of $100-120,000 per year, plus benefits
- AB 21
- Job Industry
- Public Accounting
- Job Category
- Accounting and Finance
- Job Type
Romanovsky & Associates LLP is a well-established public accounting firm (+40 years and counting!) located in Edmonton and Toronto. We have a proud tradition of serving entrepreneurs and the not-for-profit sector for many years, providing experienced and valued service. We specialize in annual assurance, accounting and income tax advisory services for a broad variety of organizations. Our staff enjoy meaningful work and respect for each other. We welcome you to visit our websites www.romanovsky.com and albertacpa.com.
We offer an excellent opportunity to grow your career. The ideal candidate would join us at a management level, reporting directly to the partner, and provides an opportunity to quickly grow the skills needed to become a partner.
Our Edmonton office is looking for an experienced CPA who wants to professionally manage in a mid-sized firm. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing income tax, accounting and assurance services to corporate, not for profit and personal clients. These responsibilities include:
- Review of audit and review engagement working papers and financial statements,
- Review of compilation working papers and financial statements,
- Review of corporate income tax returns,
- Review of personal income tax returns, T4 and T5 returns, and GST/PST returns,
- Preparation of complex assignments as required,
- Communicate with clients to define scope of work, and clarify matters as necessary,
- Supervise staff as work is performed,
- Train staff as required, and
- Provide clients with accounting, income tax, payroll and GST services as required.
The qualified individual should be:
- A Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) who passed the Common Final Exam (CFE) in 2015 or earlier.
- Minimum five (5) years post qualification experience of serving owner-managers of businesses in Canadian public accounting firm.
- Extensive knowledge of Accounting Standards for Private Enterprises (ASPE), Accounting Standards for Not-for-Profits (ASNFP) and Canadian Audit Standards (CAS).
- Extensive knowledge of Canadian income and sales tax, including owner-manager compensation planning and corporate group tax matters.
- Current with all continuing professional education requirements.
- Experience using CaseWare, Profile and QuickBooks will be an asset; and
- Strong business acumen enjoys variety in work and working towards ownership in the practice.
Our compensation package is competitive and negotiable for the right candidate. It includes:
- 4 weeks paid vacation,
- 5% of base salary available for comprehensive benefits package,
- Paid company parking,
- Discount at certain fitness facilities, and
- Bonus program for client development.
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
While we thank all candidates for applying, only interested applications will be contacted.
More search results
Assistant Deputy Minister/Senior Financial Office…
Government of Alberta (PSC)
Senior Special Credit Account Manager
Farm Credit Canada
Metrix Group LLP
VP Finance UCP Constituency Association Edmonton …
UCP Constituency Association Edmonton Whitemud