TREASURER OF WALTERDALE THEATRE ASSOCIATES
JOB DESCRIPTION – TREASURER OF WALTERDALE THEATRE ASSOCIATES
Background: Walterdale Theatre Associates is one of Western Canada’s oldest continuously running amateur theatre companies. Founded in 1958, Walterdale produces a full season of six plays per year from historic Strathcona Firehall #1 in Old Strathcona in Edmonton. All creative, production, front-of-house, and management roles are filled by volunteers with a love of theatre. Walterdale employs one part-time Administrator who handles day-to-day accounting, membership communication, and administrative tasks.
As an integral part of the Board of Directors, the Treasurer is responsible for the management of all financial affairs of Walterdale Theatre Associates including:
- preparation of budget;
- preparation of monthly reports to the Board and yearly annual reports to the membership.
- The Treasurer shall report on the financial position of the Society to the Board, when requested, and shall supervise the preparation of a duly audited statement of the current financial position of the Society for submission to the Annual General Meeting of the membership. This statement must contain particulars of the assets and liabilities, receipts and expenditures of the Society.
- The Treasurer must be bondable.
- The Treasurer shall have signing authority.
- The Treasurer supervises the Administrator in their daily financial functions including:
- bookkeeping (SAGE);
- issuance of cheques, arranging international money orders, bank deposits, and GIC’s;
- setting up box office, bar, and concession floats as well as box office documentation for each show; dealing with royalty and rental agreements;
- management of insurance policies;
- preparation of yearly grant applications to EAC and AFA;
- issuing of donation tax receipts and letters;
- setting up production expense manuals and advances, counting box office, bar/concession money, and reconciling box office, bar/concession and production accounts for each show;
- maintaining yearly business license, lease agreements, food, and liquor licenses;
- setting up credit accounts;
- preparing grant and casino reports, GST, society, and charitable annual returns;
- compiling year-end books;
- meetings and liaison with auditor.
More search results
Assistant Deputy Minister/Senior Financial Office…
Government of Alberta (PSC)
Senior Special Credit Account Manager
Farm Credit Canada
Metrix Group LLP
VP Finance UCP Constituency Association Edmonton …
UCP Constituency Association Edmonton Whitemud