ARTARx Pharmacy Controller
- Edmonton, Alberta
- This position offers a competitive salary
- Job Industry
- Job Category
- Accounting and Finance
- Job Type
ARTARx Pharmacy Controller
Are you extremely organized and driven, with love for process and exceptional interpersonal skills? Do you have a passion for applying accounting foundations to new situations? Then you will fit right in on the ARTA team. Reporting to our Chief Financial Officer and working with the Director, Pharmacy Services, the ARTARx Pharmacy Controller will have the opportunity to create and improve processes, and greatly impact the first-of-its-kind plan sponsored pharmacy. This role is responsible for effective operations of the general accounting function, including general ledger, month-end close, related party accounting, and financial reporting. In addition, this position is expected to understand internal control design concepts; sufficient to assess the effectiveness of controls in their area and to influence the design of systems, processes, and controls for emerging and growing business activities.
This position will partner with the Pharmacy Inventory Administration role, and other pharmacy functions to ensure thorough understanding of business activities and initiatives and timely completion of accounting deliverables. The ideal candidate will have a strategic mindset and hands-on attitude, while simultaneously using a process improvement lens to evaluate and build new processes to support ARTA’s growth.
Life at ARTA:
The Alberta Retired Teachers’ Association (ARTA) is a vibrant organization made up of 27,000 retired educators and likeminded professionals and served by an equally as engaged team of staff. Created by teachers, we are an Alberta-based non-for-profit linked by a common purpose – to ensure a healthy, active, engaged, and vibrant lifestyle for our members in their retirement.
Our culture encourages our members and our employees to live an enhanced quality of life. As a Canadian Nonprofit Employer of Choice (2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020), office perks include a staff wellness program, generous time off, and continuing learning opportunities. This culminates in a workplace where we can thrive together.
A rapidly growing organization, ARTA provides an environment where individual contribution is expected and teamwork is encouraged, and where our core values are of the utmost importance. If you have a strong passion for making a difference in people’s lives, are a creative team player, and enjoy building strong relationships with those around you, then we invite you to apply to join our exciting association.
ARTA employs a 60%-40% at work/at home model for employment if the employee desires a hybrid working model.
Effective September 27, 2021, ARTA staff are working from home in accordance with Government of Alberta guidelines, unless an office presence is required for essential purposes.
What you will do:
- Full cycle accounting including preparation and review of month end supporting schedules and quarter end financial statements (ASPE Compliant)
- Complete bank, credit card and other account reconciliations
- Review of expenses for accuracy in coding
- Manage accounts receivable and accounts payable
- Prepare ARTARx payroll including reconciliation of benefits
- Prepare monthly inventory valuation – reconciled to physical inventory count
- Prepare and book month end journal entries
- Prepare and file GST and other government filings and reporting
- Review of margin and other metrics to support accounting functions
- Respond to client questions and inquiries
What you will have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree (Accounting and/or Finance major is preferred)
- Completion of CA/CPA designation; completion of UFE or CFE examination
- 10 years plus experience in a related accounting role
- Experience working with, or exposure to, accounting software including QBO and QuickBooks desktop.
- Strong computer literacy including advanced working skills of Microsoft Word, Excel, Office.
- Experience in health benefits or pharmacy administration is considered an asset.
Core Competencies and Personal Characteristics:
- Integrity - professional whose honesty, integrity, confidentiality, and high ethical standards contributes to effective leadership and optimal business relationships
- Energy - displays enthusiasm, optimism, drive, and passion while maintaining a high level of productivity and a balanced lifestyle
- Diversity - understands the importance of different backgrounds, perspectives and experiences and is respectful of individual differences
- Communication - effectively expresses ideas and conveys information in business writing, conversations, and interactions with others
- Client Service Excellence - understands the importance of quality client service by being courteous, responding to client requests in a timely manner and monitoring satisfaction
- Teamwork & Relationship Development - works collaboratively with team members in order to achieve a common goal and develops, maintains, and strengthens relationships with others, both inside and outside the Company
- Accountability - takes responsibility for one’s own performance by setting clear goals and tracking progress against those goals
- Highly organized and uses personal judgement and decision making
- Flexibility - effectively manages multiple assignments, adapts to changing priorities and is able to work independently or as part of a team
This position offers a competitive salary, excellent benefits with a Flexible Spending Account, a matching RRSP program, work life balance, as well as a fun and friendly work environment.
All ARTA and ARTARx employees are required to be fully immunized against COVID-19 as a condition of employment.
This competition may be used to fill current and future vacancies.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
More search results
RhPAP Corporate Accountant / Team Lead
RhPAP Rural Health Professions Action Plan
US TAX PREPARER - Contract Position
D.W. Robart Professional Corporation
Manager, Financial Reporting
EPCOR Utilties Inc.
Controller, Risk and Compliance Manager
Revitalize Energy Inc
Public Practice Senior Accountant
App & Associates Llp