Payroll & Benefits Administrator
Payroll & Benefits Administrator
The Town of Taber is looking for a candidate to fill this role on a fulltime basis. The Payroll and Benefits Administrator is responsible for managing payroll and benefits and assisting human resources department.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Verify and process required documents when a new employee is hired
- Create and maintain database records of contact information, hours worked, pay, bonuses, and other benefits for full-time, part-time, casual, and seasonal employees.
- Correctly interpret and apply pay-related collective agreements, employee payroll related polices and directive provisions.
- Prepare and verify pay statements that provide information about each employee's gross and net earnings, and statutory and non-statutory deductions for federal and provincial taxes, Employment Insurance, union dues, health insurance, pensions, staff funds, maintenance enforcement, expense claims
- Create system-generated reports and resolve any errors or discrepancies
- Complete, verify, and process the documentation required to administer leaves of absence, employment insurance, STD and LTD
- Complete, verify and process the documentation required to administer benefits and pension plans
- Prepare and verify statements from benefit carrier to ensure accurate payment of benefits
- Administer flexible work hours, wellness programs or other benefit programs
- Create and process invoices for employee benefits when employees are on leaves
- Create reports, process, distribute, pay, and invoice vendors and employees (including online submissions, such as LAPP, SFPP, internal associations/clubs, etc.) on a bi-weekly basis meeting the regulated deadlines
- Work with the HR Department with HR-related tasks such as data generation, research, contract related interpretation, etc.
- Prepare payroll-related statistical reports, statements, and summaries
- Prepare and balance period end reports and reconcile payroll accounts monthly, by deadline
- Prepare T4’s and other yearend reporting slips
- Prepare and submit Pension and WCB annual reports
- Prepare and reconcile payroll accounts for year-end by deadline
- Responsible for calculating and posting Seniority Lists by deadlines as per collective agreement
- In consultation with the HR Department, responsible for ensuring the Collective Agreement is followed regarding areas directly relating to the administration of payroll
- Assist in preparation of documentation and calculations for employee collective bargaining as requested
- Maintain and update as required all in house payroll process manuals
- Train and assist assigned back up staff
- Research information regarding payroll systems and benefits for Director Finance, or designate as requested
- Participates in the workplace health and safety program, including monthly worksite and hazard inspections
- Ensuring any retention policies or standard operating procedures are followed
- Working with the Director of Finance and the HR Department to develop and maintain policies and procedures that related to the processing of payroll
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Canadian Payroll Association Certification is required
- Minimum 5 years of payroll experience
- Payroll Compliance Legislation Course (from Canadian Payroll Association) or must complete within 12 months of hire
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, Access)
- Knowledge of payroll systems such as Canadian Payroll, Great Plains, etc. willing and able keep up to date with new technology and to learn new software as required
- Education and or knowledge of LAPP & SFPP pension plans, Alberta Employment Standards, AMSC regulations, Worker’s Compensation, accounts receivable, and accounts payable
- Standard First Aid/CPR/AED training
- Ability to provide a clean Police Information Check
- Must be able to keep a high level of confidentiality regarding the information they have access to, as well as perform well under pressure, as this position faces numerous pay-related timelines
- Must have a full understanding of requirements and legislation the employer must be compliant with and understand the reporting and income/deductions required. (i.e., CRA required Payroll Source deductions, T4 processing, ROE’s etc.)
DURATION: Fulltime position – Out of Scope
SUPERVISOR: Director of Finance
WAGES & BENEFITS Expected salary range to be negotiated with the successful candidate, including an attractive benefit package.
HOURS OF WORK: 37.5 hours / week, M-F 8:00am-4:30pm
LOCATION: Position will work in the Town of Taber Administration Office
CLOSE DATE: Open until a suitable candidate is hired
Please submit resume and cover letter by mail, fax, or e-mail in confidence to:
The Town of Taber holds a Certificate of Recognition achieved through the Alberta Municipal Health & Safety Association for our Safety Policies and Program.
Town of Taber
4900 A 50 St.
Taber, AB T1G 1T1
We wish to thank all applicants for applying however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
More search results
Senior Manager, Revenue and Treasury Management (…
Alberta Gaming and Liquor Commission
Manager, Financial Analysis
Capital Power - 353284
HEAD OFFICE CORPORATE SERVICES INC
Financial Planning & Budget Analyst
NWT Housing Corporation
Edmonton Chapter of CPAs - Volunteer Executive Op…
Edmonton Chapter of CPA Alberta