- Cameco Corporation
- Saskatoon. SK
- Job Industry
- Oil & Gas/Mining Exploration and Development, Oil & Gas/Mining Services, Other
- Job Type
Position and Responsibilities
Cameco has an exciting opportunity for an experienced accounting professional to join a highly skilled group in support of the corporation’s financial reporting. Reporting to the manager, financial reporting, you will be working within a group of professionals and establishing collaborative communication across several departments and different business units. In this position you will undertake various types of analytical and reporting responsibilities.
Key responsibilities for the position include the following:
- Provide technical assistance to other professionals in the application of complex accounting issues; including researching accounting and reporting issues as they arise and preparing accounting position papers;
- Monitor IASB developments and prepare impact assessments of new amendments, standards and other IASB project work
- Execute financial analysis supporting external disclosures in both quarterly and annual financial statement preparation
- Participate in the monthly close, including the completion of monthly schedules and reconciliations
- Support on-going continuous improvement initiatives and projects as required, including proactively participating in identification and development of more efficient, value-add processes that support Cameco’s digital strategy
- Compliance with established internal controls
You will have the opportunity to work remote in this position. However, there may be the need for intermittent meetings in the Saskatoon office. The details of this flex work arrangement will be discussed with you in the recruitment process.
At Cameco we understand the value of a diverse workforce and we embrace, encourage and support workplace inclusion and diversity. New ideas, perspectives, experiences, and expertise make Cameco stronger. Our vision is to create a culture where inclusion is the goal, and a diverse and representative workforce is our measure of success.
Education and Qualifications
Requirements of the position:
- Bachelor’s degree in commerce, accounting, finance or a related field
- A minimum of three to five years of relevant work experience
- Professional accounting designation (CPA)
- Knowledge of international financial reporting standards (IFRS)
- Experience in researching, documenting, and applying accounting standards and accounting for complex transactions
- Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to prioritize assignments, manage multiple deadlines and organize work independently
- Experience using ERP software (SAP) and consolidation systems (Longview)
- Pro-active approach to potential improvements
- Approach that focuses on the details with the ability to consider the big picture
- Result oriented, proactive, with a mindset of continuous improvement
Applicants will be considered for a level within the job progression which is appropriate to their qualifications.
• competitive pay
• superior benefits
• employee share ownership plan for all employees
• Live Better wellness program
Cameco values diversity. In keeping with this principle and our employment equity goals, we particularly encourage qualified applicants from the designated equity groups to apply.
To explore this career opportunity, please visit https://career17.sapsf.com/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=35266&company=Cameco. Deadline for applications is October 28, 2021. Please quote competition number 36325.
More search results
RhPAP Corporate Accountant / Team Lead
RhPAP Rural Health Professions Action Plan
US TAX PREPARER - Contract Position
D.W. Robart Professional Corporation
Manager, Financial Reporting
EPCOR Utilties Inc.
Controller, Risk and Compliance Manager
Revitalize Energy Inc
Public Practice Senior Accountant
App & Associates Llp