Senior Staff Accountant (Public Accounting Firm)
- Buchanan Barry LLP
- 800, 840-6th Ave SW. Calgary, Alberta
- Job Industry
- Job Type
Have you reached a glass ceiling? Are you looking for a better work life balance? The Buchanan Barry team wants to meet you! Let us show you that work life balance does exist in a public accounting firm! We are a mid-sized, down to earth accounting firm that believes you are more than just a number. We have an open door policy, flexible work hours, a gym and managers that are here to teach. We have partner sponsored events like Axe Throwing, BBQ’s, and Calgary Corporate Challenge just to name a few. We work hard but play hard too. Buchanan Barry LLP might be just the culture fit you have been looking for!
In business for more than 60 years, Buchanan Barry LLP provides its clients with outstanding service and its staff with an environment that promotes work-life balance. We encourage active living and strive to create an atmosphere that supports health and productivity. We care about our employees and know your job is only part of your life.
We are looking for a Senior Staff Accountant to join our team! The core skills and responsibilities of this position are:
- Preparation of financial statements and tax returns in accordance with Firm standards for clients in a variety of businesses and non-profit enterprises;
- Conducting audits on small to medium sized organizations in a variety of industries;
- Auditing financial statements of business clients as a team member or audit senior;
- Effective communication with our clients, government agencies and with our partners and staff;
- Keeping partners and other team members informed, on an ongoing basis, of progress and significant issues; and
- Providing advice and training to junior staff members.
- CPA Designation;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Solid verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks;
- Strong work ethic, excellent communication and organizational skills; and
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs including Microsoft Word and Excel and Simply Accounting. Experience with Caseware and Taxprep computer programs will be considered an asset.
More search results
RhPAP Corporate Accountant / Team Lead
RhPAP Rural Health Professions Action Plan
US TAX PREPARER - Contract Position
D.W. Robart Professional Corporation
Manager, Financial Reporting
EPCOR Utilties Inc.
Controller, Risk and Compliance Manager
Revitalize Energy Inc
Public Practice Senior Accountant
App & Associates Llp