Surge Energy Inc. is an oil focused E&P company that has a high-quality crude oil reserve, production and cash flow base. Surge has elite, operated properties characterized by large OOIP crude oil reservoirs with low recovery factors, over 750 net low risk development locations providing over 14 years of drilling inventory, and numerous high quality waterflood opportunities. Surge’s management team has initiated an orderly, on-going risk management/hedging program designed to maintain the balance sheet. Surge’s common shares trade on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol SGY.
Surge is currently accepting applications for the position of Financial Analyst. We are seeking an analytical and detail-oriented individual with a passion for continuous learning. This exciting position requires strong organizational skills and the ability to adapt and manage competing priorities in a fast paced and ever-changing environment. Reporting to the Manager, Corporate Finance, the successful candidate will primarily be responsible for the administration of Surge’s treasury function. The successful candidate will also provide support with quarterly and year-end reporting and other ad-hoc analysis.
- Perform key deliverables in Surge’s treasury function including loan administration and reporting, processing daily banking transactions, and preparation of cash management and working capital forecasts
- Ensure the timely submissions of regulatory reporting including TSX and CRA filings
- Prepare account reconciliations and provide analysis of trends and variances to budget
- Assist with external reporting including preparation of financial statements and notes, MD&A and AIF
- Other ad-hoc reporting and special projects
- Undergraduate degree in accounting or similar is a requirement
- Recently obtained or actively pursuing a CPA designation
- Knowledge of the upstream oil and gas industry would be an asset
- Experience with acquisition and divestiture activities would be an asset
- Advanced Excel skills and experience using Qbyte are a strong asset
- Exceptional relationship building and communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with high attention to detail are a must
Interested candidates should forward a resume, prior to November 1, 2021 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Surge Energy Inc.
2100, 635 8th Ave SW
Calgary, Alberta T2P 3M3
Attention: Tori Bannon, Human Resources Advisor