Grant Revenue Development Specialist
Now Hiring – Grant Revenue Development Specialist
The City of Medicine Hat serves a community of approx. 65, 000 ‘Hatters’ and employs approx. 1200 employees across18 departments. We are looking for people who are committed to public service, believe in our internal values while adopting a think big and bold approach, with a willingness to take and support calculated risks. If you are wanting a career where you can learn, grow and make a difference in the community you live in, consider joining our team!
The Treasury department is looking for an experienced professional who has thorough knowledge of full cycle grant revenue development. As an organization we are continuously looking for ways to ensure we are identifying and optimizing funding opportunities to support council’s strategic goals of growth and financial responsibility. As a Grant Revenue Development Specialist, you would act as the point of contact for funding bodies, offering overall consistency and coordination of grants for the City.
Key Responsibilities are:
- Research, identify and develop potential grant opportunities that align with the City’s strategic priorities, departmental business plans and related annual budgets;
- Identify and create opportunities while leading the development and writing of grant proposals;
- Analyze and interpret the grant/fund requirements, understanding how they align with the business goals/plans;
- Coordinate strategic planning in collaboration with various City departments;
- Oversight to ensure maximum value to the City;
- Collaborate with government bodies, regulators, partners and other internal and external parties;
- Knowledge and experience with customer relationship management systems (Salesforce);
To thrive in this role, you have demonstrated business and financial acumen. You are an analytical, collaborative self-starter with project management skills. Have excellent communications and interpersonal skills with the ability to develop grant funding proposals, facilitate cross-organizational teams to achieve priorities and provide a variety of ad-hoc financial analysis and forecasting.
- Successful completion of a bachelor’s degree in commerce, finance, accounting or a related field from a recognized post-secondary institution.
- Five (5) years of related senior experience in grant revenue development, growth revenue strategies in a large complex organization, preferably in a municipal government setting.
- A professional financial designation CFA, CPA or comparable would be considered an asset.
- A management approved combination of education and experience may be considered.
Our organization offers a highly attractive total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefits, learning & development opportunities as well as a great work environment which provides excellent opportunities for professional growth.
This posting will remain open until Thursday, October 28, 2021.
For more information, and to apply, please visit us at: www.medicinehat.ca/jobs
We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.