- Job Industry
- Job Category
- Accounting and Finance
- Job Type
Do you relish the chance to tackle something without a proven course of resolution? Are you purpose-driven and want to use your skillsets to help AIMCo deliver on our vision of providing prosperity, security, and opportunity across generations of Albertans? This could be your next career adventure!
Our Corporate Finance team is seeking a Senior Financial Accountant! Reporting to the Manager, Corporate Accounting, the Senior Financial Accountant is responsible for the daily operations of the corporate accounting department. You will be responsible for full cycle month-end and year-end accounting processes, reconciliations against the general ledger and timely completion of financial reporting. You will play a key role in ensuring our financial reporting adheres to legislated requirements, provincial reporting standards, generally accepted accounting principles and the requirements of the Office of the Auditor General of Alberta (“OAG”).
- Monthly account reconciliations to maintain the general ledger accounts and sub-ledgers for monthly, quarterly and annual financial statement
- Research and resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities
- Prepare bank reconciliations for all 3 corporate accounts
- Preparing investment invoices for various departments (corporate & investment management) in order to charge back pool expenses
- Responsible for corporate capital assets, including the creation of all capital projects instrumental for the Project Management Office
- Prepare Accruals and Prepaid expenses schedules
- Complete the month end capital assets working papers; reconcile NRT withholding account, review and reconcile A/P and A/R accounts
- Compile and enter monthly adjusting journal entries such that all assigned financial reporting deadlines are met
- Review journal entries, invoices, wire payments entries; staff expense claims for accuracy and release
- Responsible for the weekly processing of EFTs, cheques and wires; transfer money between corporate accounts.
Ideal Candidate Qualifications
- Designated professional accountant with 1-3 years of post-designation experience
- Accounting designation is required (CA, CMA, CGA, CPA)
- Understanding of accounting standards and frameworks (GAAP, IRFS, CPSAS)
- Previous experience with contract management and employee expense systems
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP (Great Plains) and Power BI is an asset
- Understanding of Legislated tax reporting requirements of the Canada Revenue Agency (GST, NRT, etc.)
- Basic knowledge of investment pools and structure is an asset
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to AIMCo’s core values of excellence, transparency, humility, integrity and collaboration, and inspires the same in others.
One year success will be demonstrated by knowledge of procedures, tasks and organizing work to make sure deadlines are met with high quality results.
Benefits and Rewards
- Exciting special project work and stretch assignments
- Ongoing training, coaching and educational reimbursement programs
- Health care spending account and onsite fitness facilities