Our Operations team is looking for our new Finance Manager in our Edmonton office. Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, this person is an integral part of our management team. This is a unique role and will be an exciting challenge for the right person.
Initially, this role will be heavily involved in moving us to the new generation of our practice management system at the same time as learning the ropes. This role is our succession plan for the current manager.
The Finance Manager will be responsible for the finance and accounting team and department and functions of the firm. Responsibilities include leading and developing the people, financial reporting, internal controls, process improvement and analysis and reporting. The Finance Manager will be a leader in creating and sustaining a customer service oriented and business partner culture in the accounting team and will always be looking for ways to add value both individually and as a team.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Create and sustain a customer service oriented and business partner culture model within the accounting department – service mentality, collaborative, problem solving
- Manage day-to-day effectiveness of accounting team
- Lead and direct all general accounting functions including general ledger, procedural aspects of the billing process, cash receipts and accounts receivable, accounts payable, fixed assets, petty cash, bank reconciliations and client trust funds, monthly and yearly reporting
- Lead annual budget process
- Seek opportunities for greater efficiencies and continuous improvement in the accounting team and finance function to increase overall efficiency and effectiveness of processes
- Assist the COO, Executive Committee and lawyers in financial management and analysis, as required
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Is highly motivated, self-directed and able to juggle multiple priorities efficiently
- Possesses excellent leadership skills and experience
- Is curious and has a track record of process improvement implementation and change management
- Possesses a business partner, big picture mindset with excellent communication and influence skills with a view to continuous improvement
- Maintains professionalism, confidentiality, and discretion at all times
Key Qualifications and Education:
- CPA Designation
- Bachelor of Commerce Degree with Major in Finance is preferred
- Minimum of 7 years in progressive finance roles
- 4-5 years supervisory experience
- Professional services experience preferred
- Systems implementation experience preferred
- Higher level competency in data and use of technology
We offer a challenging and progressive work environment together with an excellent and competitive salary and benefits package.