- The Wolf Creek School Division
- Ponoka, AB
- Job Industry
- Job Category
- Accounting and Finance
- Job Type
- Full-time accountant position
- The position is located at Division Office in Ponoka, AB.
- Duties to commence December 1, 2021 or as mutually agreed upon.
As an Accountant, you will be responsible for supporting the school division in the following areas:
- Financial statement preparation and consolidation
- Account analysis and reconciliations
- Budget reviews
- Audit preparation
- Audit compliance follow-up as needed
- Internal control compliance and maintenance
- Regulatory reporting to various government departments
Role & Responsibilities:
- Execute monthly accounting close procedures and deliverables primarily in the compensation area (journal entries, reconciliations, reports)
- Provide accounting support to the payroll department in various capacities.
- Provide school and budget site accounting support. (Rycor)
- Assist with preparation of monthly reporting.
- Assist with review of budget compliance.
- Work with business partners to ensure compliance with corporate accounting policies, procedures and controls and provide support on special requests.
- Provide analysis, as needed, on financial results (trends, performance metrics, benchmarks)
- Assist in coordinating quarterly reviews and preparing for external auditors
- Prepare general ledger account reconciliations in a timely fashion.
- Dedication to continuously improve the automation and efficiency of the accounting and reporting process
- Participate in various department-wide initiatives
- Ad-hoc projects as necessary
- Post-secondary education in accounting and/or finance.
- CPA designation or significant progress towards a CPA designation
- Post-designation experience is preferred.
- Proven track record in acquiring new software skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills along with the aptitude to maintain professional working relationships with all levels of management and non-management personnel is required
- Strong organizational, prioritization, and time management skills, with the ability to work well under pressure, handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Experience planning, organizing and implementing projects and programs to meet organizational goals and objectives.
- Solution oriented and self-starter to work through ambiguity.
- Analytical and results-driven attitude.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in a fast paced environment.
*Applications for this employment opportunity are preferred via email. Please quote the competition number in the subject line of your email message and include a cover letter, resume, and a minimum of three (3) references (including phone contact information) in one single PDF file to:
Mr. Mat Bergonzine, Director of Business Services
Wolf Creek Public Schools
6000 Highway 2A
Ponoka, AB T4J 1P6
Phone: (403) 783-5441 ext. 1309
Fax: (403) 783-3483
This competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. However, applications received by November 5, 2021 at 4:00 pm will be assured of careful consideration.
*Successful applicant will be responsible to provide the following documents, at their own expense:
- Criminal Record Check (current within 6 months)
- Child Intervention Check (current within 6 months)
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, but advise that only candidates selected for an interview for this competition will be contacted.
More search results
Senior Special Credit Account Manager
Farm Credit Canada
Assistant Deputy Minister/Senior Financial Office…
Government of Alberta (PSC)
Senior Staff Accountant
Numeris LLP Chartered Professional Accountants
Manager Financial Reporting and Tax
Wilmington Capital Management Inc.
SR&ED Tax Advisor